a new Soccer thread

1. 3 years ago

it's true, the old one is cumbersome. i love this:

On Monday, Red Star Belgrade players issued an open letter expressing concerns over the club's financial instability. According to the Associated Press, they said their training pitches aren't well maintained and they aren't even supplied with shampoo in the dressing room showers. So on Tuesday, a group of the club's supporters smashed the windows of nine cars belonging to players and threw shampoo bottles inside the vehicles.

This comes a few weeks after fans demanded that the players hand over their shirts after a loss. When the players meekly did as they were asked, the fans then threw seats and lighters at them.

2. I bet there are a lot of broken toes in soccer playing.

3. Bob Marley, and it led to his death

4. From the Winter Fitness thread:

Heyo MRMB Fitnessers:

I am putting together a soccer team for the late fall/early winter and it looks like we might need a few more females on the team. Maybe another guy or two as well. If you are interested in some coed soccer in an organized, indoor, officiated but casual soccer on a team with yours truly (and can pony up somewhere around $60-80 to cover the league cost), let me know on here, or in a PM. The roster is getting firmed up in the next two days, so don't hesitate.

5. So, last night. The US team scored 2 goals in stoppage time in Panama to win 3-2. That knocked Panama out, and kept Mexico alive, even though they lost to Costa Rica. Panama has never been to the World Cup, and that was impossibly crushing for them. I wish we had lost. The highlight is this rant by the Mexican announcer who was calling their match at the same time. This is what he said after our last goal:

-image-

6. Z_L, that sounds awesome! Bad timing because I'm super broke and coincidentally ridiculously out of shape.

Love that transcript of the Mexican commentator. If y'all haven't watched the live reaction to Zusi's goal, you should. It's crucial.

7. @travism Z_L, that sounds awesome! Bad timing because I'm super broke and coincidentally ridiculously out of shape.

Love that transcript of the Mexican commentator. If y'all haven't watched the live reaction to Zusi's goal, you should. It's crucial.

We will have another team in the spring. I think your mission is clear.

8. ZL's casual league is presumably the same one that broke my nose. But it's fun.

9. : )

10. J Low is quite correct. MOST people in the league are pretty casual.....except of course for those who are breaking noses.

11. -image-

12. huh, thought new board was invincible

13. Eusebio, legend of legends in Portugal, died. He's one of the all-time kings of the sport. Fun fact: he has a statue outside Gillette Stadium, where the Patriots play. He played in Boston in the 70's after he was past his prime. Weird shit.
    -image-

Here's the copy of it outside the stadium of his Portuguese club's stadium right now:
    -image-

14. esuebio is the man.

september11th, the valdes era is over! ter stegen isn't renewing his contract with his current club and barca likely will sign him. im excited, hes like 21 and he's already a high quality keeper.

15. Yeah, sorry to see Valdes go, I'd be totally happy having him for another few years. But it's nice to get a young replacement who apparently is very good. Haven't bothered to learn much about him yet.

16. Theo Walcott out for the season for Arsenal and likely the WC for England. I love seeing the English fail on the largest scale, but damn I like him.

17. Edited 3 years ago by fever of prussia

-image-

18. aww man that makes me so sad. ribery shouldve won, anyways.

19. Hahaha

20. photoshoppers out to get Messi
    -image-
    -image-

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!