a new Soccer thread

1. ‹ Older
  2. 11 months ago

Watched that video and then it just started playing The Final Deletion. I'm now #broken

3. 8 months ago

This guy might be the single most dislikable player in sports. The thing about stealing his teammate's wife and getting the kids his teammate has with her tattoed on his arm is like something out of a Will Farrell movie.

4. USWNT at the Vikings' stadium Sunday! Although I'm pissed that Ellis ditched almost every single fucking name player for these friendlies. We're going with thirty other people and It'll still be a hoot.

5. @J Low USWNT at the Vikings' stadium Sunday! Although I'm pissed that Ellis ditched almost every single fucking name player for these friendlies. We're going with thirty other people and It'll still be a hoot.

This was great.

6. 4 months ago

Anyone headed to the big game on Sunday?

Primarily bumping this thread to see if September11th still has a pulse after today.. dear me oh my!!

7. Neymar was absolutely class over the two legs. After scoring that free kick and then stepping up to take the penalty in place of Messi, can we see this as a new guard/handing off of the torch (from Messi to Neymar), or did Messi feel he wouldn't be able to score another penalty... or was it that Neymar demanded to take it..?

8. Poor psg/qatar fc. I honestly thought it was all but over when Cavani scored.

9. Just watched it. Actually had a fair amount of faith we'd get it done somehow. Not like that though, sweet Lord. What was it, three goals in the last 8 minutes? We will never not make the quarterfinals. Barcelona in crisis is always the best . I'm going to bed.

10. That was a horrible foul on the PSG guy to give Barça the penalty in stoppage time where he grabbed Suarez by the neck and threw him down

11. @fever of prussia Anyone headed to the big game on Sunday?

Yep! Got season tickets on the shady side of the stadium (will suck in March and October, will be glorious for May-August), six rows from the top of the lower bowl (so quick access to beers). It will be a long season if you are only counting wins, but I think it will be fun seeing what a team pulled together in two months can do.

12. This radio call of the Sergi Roberto goal is one of my favorite soccer calls ever, even though it's the video of the radio call, which is cool since you get to see the grown man cry after a minute and a half of screaming his head off. It's just completely super, seriously. It's funny to watch and think about the "no clapping in the press box" rule here. "T'estimo Sergi" means "I love you Sergi" in Catalan, "la remuntada ya es aqui" is "the comeback is here," "remuntada" being a popular rallying cry in these situations.

13. @fever of prussia Anyone headed to the big game on Sunday?

Primarily bumping this thread to see if September11th still has a pulse after today.. dear me oh my!!

Would like to go in the abstract, but have been to TCF when it's freezing and it totally fucking sucks. Any other teams have to deal with our temps? Maybe turn it into home field advantage?

14. It's a heated field, so I would guess that even though the air temp in the stands will be 30, it'll be probably close to 45 degrees for the players -- no real advantage for us.

TCF does indeed suck for those late November football games, but I think it'll be alright Sunday. I'll just wear an extra layer.

15. Hmm, I was thinking I'd be okay with jeans and a down jacket, but maybe the long johns will have to come back. I've only been in the stadium once for that Man City Olympiakos game under the blazing sun. I'll be watching from the supporters section tomorrow.

Any chance that Arsene Wenger would wind up at Barcelona next season?

16. I went to a Vikings game where it was 13. Shady side. My body was fine, but even in heavy boots, my feet killed me. No real circulation when you're just standing/sitting for a couple of hours. Maybe get some of those boot and hand warmers.

17. @fever of prussia Any chance that Arsene Wenger would wind Barcelona next season?

That sounds both awful and actually kinda intriguing, but not intriguing enough.

18. 3 months ago

-image-

19. 5 weeks ago
    Edited 5 weeks ago by J Low

I'm in Barcelona and got to go to the La Liga match tonight against Eibar. Barca were down 0-2 at 63. They dominated in every stat but scoring and had several opportunities blown by wide shots, and a PK right at the keeper.

Then Eibar had an own goal and Barca scored another three, including a PK by Messi and another goal by him at 92'. I need to find that on YouTube, cause I saw it but not in detail and heard it was beautiful.

This wasn't a bucket list item for me but definitely a lot of fun.

20. Jealous jealous jealous on all fronts

21. Too bad Madrid won

or Sign Up to reply!