Look at this fucking house

1. ‹ Older
  2. 2 months ago

Yeah. Masonic Lodge in Little Falls, NY.
    https://www.oldhousedreams.com/2017/05/16/1914-masonic-lodge-little-falls-ny/

3. There's one I'm sure you could buy in Pipestone, MN. Not this grand, but very cool in its own way.

4. there was a very large building in Cloquet, just a block over from the Frank Lloyd Wright gas station, for sale when I moved up here. Loading dock, drive in garage, i think 4 stories, bunch of different rooms. Not nearly as ornate as that masonic lodge, but only 125K. I was dreamin about it but Cloquet.

5. SHIT I KNEW IT it was a masonic temple. I'll bet it's cool as fuck inside.
    -image-

6. Little Falls NY is a nice little town. The Mohawk river intersects
    with the Erie canal, & there's an abandoned cemetery up high
    on a hill above the river, all woods. Just far away enough from Utica.

7. @Bicorn Halfelven
    because it makes me think of this
    -image-

I loved this show as a kiddo

8. 6 weeks ago

purrfect home for any cat lover/serial killer

9. On a scale of Overpowering to Lethal, I wonder how bad the cat pee smell is.

10. That is utterly insane.

11. holy fucking shit.

12. 5 days ago

"They retired from public appearances in 1968, giving their last performance that year on The Ed Sullivan Show. Phyllis McGuire continued to perform solo for a time. The demise of the group is often attributed to Phyllis' long-standing personal relationship with mobster Sam Giancana (although for years she claimed that their friendship was strictly platonic), which reportedly blacklisted the group. During one of his 1960s court appearances for which Phyllis was subpoenaed, Giancana told reporters outside the courthouse that "Phyllis knows everything" about the rumored unethical behaviors of John F. Kennedy and his brother Robert. Phyllis has resided in a famously showcased mansion in Las Vegas for decades, boasting its own beauty parlor, a swan moat, and a replica of the Eiffel Tower which actually rose through the home's roof. When asked by Barbara Walters during a 1980s ABC-TV "20/20" interview from within the mansion if any of the money to build the lavish home came from Giancana, Phyllis denied the innuendo, claiming that she invested heavily in oil when the sisters were at the height of their popularity. In the same interview she acknowledged that her relationship with Giancana was in fact a love affair, saying, "When I met him, I did not know who he was, and he was not married, and I was an unmarried woman. And according to the way I was brought up there was nothing wrong with that. And I didn't find out until sometime later really who he was, and I was already in love."[6]"
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/100-Rancho-Cir-Las-Vegas-NV-89107/68666936_zpid/?fullpage=true

13. The Harpest and Mr. Dick In A Box have bought the fabled Moorcrest, Chaplin and Astor's old place.

Photos here

14. Moorish + Art Nouveau basically combines my two favorite aesthetics. That house is fucking beautiful

15. Looks like a house to smoke grass in.

16. Probably big enough that you wouldn't hear her practicing...

17. lots of reflective surfaces though

18. Clone 22 minutes ago
    Probably big enough that you wouldn't hear her practicing...

hehe. I am guessing that's a voice that carries...

19. Poor Andy's in the kitchen just trying to punch up his script for The Booger-Man and down floats the haunting melodies of The Shipman and The Prioress.

Meanwhile, the gardener is sharpening his blade.

20. That house would be perfect as the setting of a Clue-style whodunit murder mystery. Who strangled the harpist in the library?

21. 5 hours ago

wait wait wait you did not walk around before thursday going "oh man i love moorish design"

or Sign Up to reply!