New Board Skydiving Thread

1. 3 years ago

Because the old one doesn't work so well. And you are all so very interested, yes I know!

Anyhow. Tonight on Dateline NBC is Miracle on the Sunset Dive

I know some of these people and have jumped with a few.

Might even see some of them this weekend. We are planning to jump in Chippewa Falls Wisconsin. Skydive Superior has no working planes at the moment so if any of these folks want to get back up in the air they may show up there.... all of them said they would skydive again though I wouldn't blame them if the wanted to take a little time off!

2. mya buttreeks

3. You may have to be logged into Facebook to see this, not sure, but the link below is to a trailer/teaser for a documentary film on a skydiving team that is coming out next year. At the 1:17 mark in the video is Me and Mrs. Freak smooching! No lie. It is super fun to have a film coming out about our passion and featuring a lot of our friends (and us!)

Beyond The Thrill Teaser

Beyond the Thrill is the story of five elite high-flying athletes. We will explore who they are, how they started, what compelled them to seek out others with similar skills and determination to not just “take the thrill and run”, but to go Beyond the Thrill – and make the commitment and lifestyle change that has brought them to the level of world-class skydiving competition.

4. And then there is this article that Mrs. Freak wrote that was just published in the December, 2013 issue of Parachutist Magazine:

-image-

5. Online version of Mrs Freak's Parachutist Article. Easier to Read

6. Awww, cute! I'd rather cut my own dick off than skydive, but I think it's sweet that you two dig it.

7. Had some beautiful skydives yesterday. It was SO WARM!! It was actually warmer at 10,000 feet than on the ground, 55 degrees! So fun to land in snow too!!

8. I really wanna jump! Been thinking about it like everyday..

9. http://www.dropzone.com/news/Events/World_Team_Attempts_2-Point_222-Way_882.html

10. @DustyClaws I really wanna jump! Been thinking about it like everyday..

You should! It is easy to start with a tandem. The give you a quick training to you know what to expect, what to do... but the instructor really takes care of everything and you can just enjoy... then you decide whether or not you love it enough to go crazy and keep doing it like we did.

Right now the two main places Westside Skydivers and Skydive Twin Cities are still closed for the Winter. But they should open by the end of April/early May. You could go out with us sometime and we will jump out of the plane before you! Plus we will get a small discount for bringing in business. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

11. I spent this past Wednesday through Saturday at Skyventure Colorado near Denver It is a wind tunnel that replicates freefall. About 35 Minnesota and Wisconsin skydivers took it over for "Tunnel Camp" where we all tried to improve our flying skills with coaching etc. Fun time. Now I'm ready for more jumping! This Winter has been harsh. Last skydive I had was in January at Skydive Wissota They jump weekends through the Winter weather permitting.

12. @DustyClaws http://www.dropzone.com/news/Events/World_Team_Attempts_2-Point_222-Way_882.html

Biggest jump I've been on was a 9 way. I can't imagine trying a 222 way!!

13. The videos in that article are amazing. Sonic I was thinking about doing skydive twin cities but doing the accelerated free fall instead and skipping the tandem if it was possible.

14. @sonicfreak You could go out with us sometime and we will jump out of the plane before you! Plus we will get a small discount for bringing in business. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

I'll totally hitchu up on that. had a few dreams about trying it this winter and need to take it as a sign. wukind of advice you got fer a firstimer?

15. Edited 3 years ago by sonicfreak

@DustyClaws The videos in that article are amazing. Sonic I was thinking about doing skydive twin cities but doing the accelerated free fall instead and skipping the tandem if it was possible.

DustyClaws... yea, If you are already pretty sure you want to put the time and effort in and go for it and learn to skydive then you can do AFF and skip a tandem. Then you are paying a bit more and putting in a lot more time and commitment to really learn from the get go. You jump with two instructors but then once you open the parachute you land it yourself! You are wearing a radio so they can try to guide you in..... I did AFP at Westside and that is a bit different (you can read about it on their website) and with that you start with a tandem. Either way it is big fun!! I guess a tandem is cool for someone who just wants to check it out/cross off bucket list etc. or see what its like before making a bigger comittment.

16. @Loveless I'll totally hitchu up on that. had a few dreams about trying it this winter and need to take it as a sign. wukind of advice you got fer a firstimer?

Advice? I don't know. If you are like DustyClaws and pretty sure you want to go for it then you could jump right in. Otherwise try a tandem and see how you like it. Once the weather gets good and these places open either of you (or anyone else interested) is free to come out with us sometime and check it out.

17. Yah if I'm gonna go out there I kinda wanna skip the whole tandem thing and just try and immerse myself in what to learn so I can continue to jump more. Nothing wrong with tandem jumping it just feels weirdly emasculating or something like that. Like all new things I attempt, I just read shit on the website watch a bunch of YouTube videos and then show up and totally act like I'm not a super noob but everyone was once.

18. OK folks season is OPEN. Mrs. Freak and I spent all day Saturday at Skydive Twin Cities . Had four amazing jumps including an eight way formation dive. So happy the weather cooperated cause yesterday sure was no jumping and it looks crappy for a bit now.

And soon Westside Skydivers will be open too so there will be two places an hour or less from the cities to get your jump on!

19. You probably saw this already, but it's pretty nuts:

20. I did see that. Pretty amazing stuff.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!