New Rolling the Fall Group/Gruppe News Thread MMXIV

1. 3 years ago

New live record coming , might win prize for most cryptically Fall-esque Fall album title ever.

2. Live LP: UUROP VIII-XII Places in Sun & Winter, Son...really rolls off the tongue!

3. What the heck

4. I can see Mark E. Smith actually working that entire title into a song lyric and it would sound just like any of his other lyrics. He operates on a strange and different level.

5. Live in Europe 2008-2012?

6. That totally makes sense to me. You just need to make sure that "son" is pronounced "sahn." I mean, that's probably not how anyone in the band would pronounce it, but I do... everyday.

7. Though the Fall have a lot of live albums I have never listened to one of them. Are there good ones?

8. "Austurbæjarbíó / Reykjavík Live 1983" is the best. Sometimes I think it's my favorite Fall album, period.

9. Seconded

10. zom

25 Aug 2014 Doors Fans

@jonbehm Though the Fall have a lot of live albums I have never listened to one of them. Are there good ones?

Yeah, Live at the Witch Trials.

11. har har

12. zom

25 Aug 2014 Doors Fans

nyuk nyuk

13. @jonbehm Though the Fall have a lot of live albums I have never listened to one of them. Are there good ones?

In a Hole is crucial

14. America; A Part Therein might be my favorite live record/favorite Fall record

"From the riot torn streets of Manchester England, to the scenic sewers of Chicago, Tut's takes great pride in welcoming, in their last United States engagement...the Fall!"

15. I have totale's turns. that's pretty good

16. Thx, sounds like I have some live Fall listening ahead. I think I always avoided listening to the live albums in the past after hearing horror stories about the band's shows

17. In other Fall news, the long time (15 years!) official/unofficial/officially unofficial but official/ Fall website visi.com/thefall has moved to http://thefall.org/ so like update yr browsers & such like

18. @jonbehm Thx, sounds like I have some live Fall listening ahead. I think I always avoided listening to the live albums in the past after hearing horror stories about the band's shows

That rep mostly stems from 98 Brownie's gig and then really the 21st century era, with all the walk-outs, odd-behavior, forgetting words, "lackadaisical" approach to singing & c. (not that it wasn't there prior just it was in much smaller doses).

Pre-98, they were by most accounts (and records) a pretty storming live act. And they can still be great live, judging from live clips & reviews, just it might be a bit more hit-or-miss these days.

19. Also, if you haven't heard the mini-album from late last yr The Remainderer it's definitely worth a listen, up there with Your Future, Our Clutter for my favorite by the current line-up

20. Oh shit had no idea about that one. I'm slippin'. Thanks!

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!