KFAN thread that works

1. 3 years ago

Really sick of that shitty old thread.

Mustachio
    3 hours ago

I didn't read much of this thread, but I was looking to see if people actually could tolerate this guy who calls himself the "Common Man." He is the single worst radio "personality" I have ever heard. He is brutal. He's not even good enough to hate. It's just not possible for me to listen to him after 2 minutes tops. Absolutely horrible.

I used to play in a fantasy football league that PA was in. He was pretty bad, but in his defense, he probably didn't try.
    magma90210
    3 hours ago

common man is a genius & the best radio host of all time imo
    jawknee
    3 hours ago

Yeah, it seems like he's not the smartest fella. Maybe he's funny, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out.
    S
    stu
    3 hours ago

I do like Common Man a lot, but I've taken a serious break from him in the last year.
    tom
    3 hours ago Administrator

Common man and In The Zone are the only two programs I could imagine listening to on KFAN anymore now that Video Game Weekly is off the air.
    magma90210
    3 hours ago

off the air???
    2 hours ago
    S
    stu
    2 hours ago

Sorry mags, the station thought you might take it better if you heard about it from a friend on a messageboard.
    magma90210
    2 hours ago

lol
    Turlough's Axe
    2 hours ago

Common can be really entertaining when he's not doing a bunch of faerie tale religious crap. He's definitely my fave main guy on the fan.
    magma90210
    2 hours ago

When does he talk about religion
    S
    stu
    2 hours ago

Common will def go to the bible card on occasion. Sometimes it's kind of irreverent, but I think he's a cultural Christian.
    groovylucifer
    2 hours ago

@magma90210 common man is a genius & the best radio host of all time imo

Pretty much.
    groovylucifer
    2 hours ago

This Gerby appearance should be good...
    1 hour ago
    magma90210
    1 hour ago

oh sweet predictions is back!
    magma90210
    1 hour ago

also weird i've never heard common talk xian stuff
    PA does all the time
    barreiro is probably an atheist

i wonder if common goes to AA meetings wrt religion stuff?
    Turlough's Axe
    1 hour ago

The gerbschmitt bit is getting pretty fucking tiresome. To the point of it being unlistenable.
    Turlough's Axe
    1 hour ago

I don't know, Barreiro I think likes his jesus stuff too. I think he's similar to common in that once he had a kid it's time to talk about the lord or whatever.
    magma90210
    1 hour ago

i've never heard barreiro talk about religion in a personal way
    Beard & Butter
    1 hour ago

Common had a really intense show on Wednesday about drinking and underage drinking. Him and Rosen had a pretty long back n forth sprinkled in with some phone calls.

However, I can't wait for this to come out!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/common-man-the-ego-has-landed
    garyburrito
    46 minutes ago

Fuck me. barreiro's in the midst of one of his regularly scheduled anti-bicycle rants. It's the epitome of his bullshit Third Way sensibilities (which is ironic because, nationally, the bicycle renaissance has been largely led by Technocrat Saint Bloomberg). These rants rise barely to the level of classic Garage Logic. barreiro at his most indulgent.
    just now
    magma90210
    44 minutes ago

yeah i cannot stand his bike shit

and he's insanely mad about STUFF THAT HASN'T EVEN HAPPENED
    garyburrito
    42 minutes ago

It beats actually preparing material, I guess.

2. How anyone could hate Common is truly baffling to me. People who hate Common are the people who think Hawkey and Cove "rawk".

3. bummed I missed the Gerbie bit today.

4. I can't stand to listen to KFAN anymore. But Meatsauce is a dj on that new 93.3

5. Pretty sure that most people that hate Common haven't listened to him regularly and don't get that they are the very people his whole schtick relies on riling up.

6. Edited 3 years ago by Christ O Fire

Also, I enjoy Barreiro's anti-bike rants. Not because I share some vitriol toward cyclists but because he's being more tongue in cheek about it than you guys are giving him credit for. It's the same deal with his weather terrorist bit. He's lampooning a group he thinks take themselves too seriously, and I do think there are a lot of cyclists who take themselves too seriously.

7. Agreed on both COF's posts.

8. @Christ O Fire Pretty sure that most people that hate Common haven't listened to him regularly and don't get that they are the very people his whole schtick relies on riling up.

He's just so whiny and he never talks about anything interesting. I listen to him more regularly than I'd like to, but he's basically an uneducated troll. I do like it when he eggs on Rosen though. Barreiro actually talks Wolves once in awhile and seems like a decent guy.

9. Whiny? Show generally is pretty positive and jokey.

10. I'd say its a tad whiney at times, but he usually tries to mask it with some overarching bit. He seemed generally annoyed at how much flack he was getting about his All-Star game disinterest.

11. @Wall_of_Beef I'd say its a tad whiney at times, but he usually tries to mask it with some overarching bit. He seemed generally annoyed at how much flack he was getting about his All-Star game disinterest.

His sort of anti-baseball talk mixed in with ripping the Twins makes me happy.

12. Why would a football fan take pleasure in someone's anti-baseball talk? What's the point? The NFL's popularity dwarfs baseball's.

13. My friend Sally had a free extra ticket to see Common the other night at New Hope Cinema Grill. Told him "esoteric approach works for you". "Thanks, me boi".

-image-

14. you're seeing a sophisticated offense in action

NOOOOORV!

15. Dude, love the Norv bit. PA is fucking insane.

16. The morning show was getting a lot of mileage off of PA's bonkers Anthony Barr sack call..."WHAT A WONDERFUL SACK!"

17. I might like the morning show even less than I like PA. Hawkey is unlistenable.

18. @Turlough's ;Axe I might like the morning show even less than I like PA. Hawkey is unlistenable.

19. The morning show is completely awful but I find myself compelled to listen to it

20. He kept yelling "NORV!" after every joke he told at his show. Honestly, it was probably the best part.

-image-

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!