hey jenn u wanna talk about fitness?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 months ago

I wonder if there's a specific exercise routine to maximize my area to mass ratio.

Like, I wanna be really wide across the X axis and really thin across the Z.

3. @dan_johnson I wonder if there's a specific exercise routine to maximize my area to mass ratio.

Like, I wanna be really wide across the X axis and really thin across the Z.

You know what? There probably fucking is. Bodies are amazing.

4. Um, I'm pretty sure objects of different weight fall at the same rate.
    9.81 m/s acceleration per second.
    Surface area and shape affects air resistance but not weight.

5. @corngrid Um, I'm pretty sure objects of different weight fall at the same rate.

That's what was confusing to me about the weight belt piece.

6. Deleted 4 months ago by jenn
  7. I don't really know much about he like biology or whatever irt muscle and fat, but I've noticed that my muscles never go away. I have muscular legs from playing soccer for 15 years, and haven't played since I was 20. And my back muscles are insane. Like the ridge of my spine is like an inch deep, probably from swimming competitively for 20 years... haven't swam in years and still there. Haha anyone know how this works?

8. @corngrid Um, I'm pretty sure objects of different weight fall at the same rate.

Wouldn't that mean that a bowling ball and a balloon should have the same terminal velocity?

9. @remodeling It's fair to assume, based on the time frame you mentioned, that because you developed that musculature while your body was developing, your body holds onto it much easier and longer than newer areas that you're working as an adult.

10. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Apr 7 Administrator

-image-

11. yoke sum

12. Edited 4 months ago by sonicfreak

Huh? Yeah. I'm not all smart about physics and stuff but weight belts etc. are a big part of skydiving cause it works and all like that y'know. I am lucky enough to get to jump sometimes with an amazing woman named Mary Bauer She now has over 20,000 skydives!! She is super small and light and not only does she wear a weight belt but she has a specially made weight VEST that she wears so she can fall at the rate she needs to!

And yeah generally at terminal velocity we are falling at about 120 MPH but there is enough little variation to make the weight belts and all that matter somehow.

13. Deleted 3 months ago by sonicfreak
  14. Deleted 3 months ago by sonicfreak
  15. Deleted 3 months ago by sonicfreak
  16. Lol our office and manufacturing is moving. Starting Monday, my commute will go from 4 miles each way to 11. I'll be riding over 100 miles a week just for my commute. Fucking rad.

17. @jenn @remodeling It's fair to assume, based on the time frame you mentioned, that because you developed that musculature while your body was developing, your body holds onto it much easier and longer than newer areas that you're working as an adult.

Ah that totally makes sense. I also have like crazy strong forearms I think from grouting tile for my dad on weekends as a kid/teen. I wish I did more squats when I was young

18. 3 months ago

Lol @jenn not about fitness but last night I drank like 4 pineapple mojitos and I was trying to send u a message that said "u are so funny you should be a standup comedian" and could not figure it out how to press send on my phone. So it just kept sending the thumbs up. Lol just wanted to explain. Typing this here tho cause I still don't know how to send it. Fitness or health wise tho wow I got a recipe for cauliflower steaks from the newest bon appetit magazine so stoked to try. Thinking lately about eating good things and being mindful.

19. Deleted 3 months ago by remodeling
  20. I commute 30 miles per day on my dorkmobile. I generally wimp out during shitty weather or if I have some sort of scheduling issue that prevents me from triking, but i still average 100 miles/week at least during the non-winter months. It's fucking great. It takes no more time than commuting via car+going to the gym would--probably even less. And it feels goooood, man.

21. Wow 1000 posts in, can you imagine where we'd be had jenn not wanted to talk about fitness?

or Sign Up to reply!