the questions

1. last year

static cling

ie:

-image-

is this a thing that actually happens

2. Only if you have a device known as a "dryer."

3. Yes. Especially with silky blouses and dresses with lining. I keep a static spray at my desk for such occasions.

4. Wasn't there a thing a few years ago about how using those anti-static sprays while you're wearing the clothes can accidentally light you on fire?

5. I don't fucking know.

6. No that was Polo Sport cologne

7. Edited last year by kbollox

so Jenn, don't go waving your torch around whilst discharging static.

8. lol

9. I'm having trouble running down the story, and it may have been urban legend to start with, but the idea was that the arc from a static shock was enough to ignite the spray.

10. @jenn Yes. Especially with silky blouses and dresses with lining. I keep a static spray at my desk for such occasions.

wow i guess i assumed it was just a made up thing invented by the dryer sheet cabal

11. Yeah, I haven't used dryer sheets or any kind of fabric softener for a decade and I'm pretty sure I don't have that problem. I guess I don't often wear sheer fabrics, though.

12. ^ tease

13. You can come check out my petticoat any time, pitty baby.

14. I just put tennis balls in the dryer and have no issues with static cling.

I mean, I used to get static chocked all the time when my racket connected with the ball, but now that I run them through the dryer, my game is back on track.

15. -image-

16. @jenn I don't fucking know.

okay that is making me laugh.

17. lol me too

18. jocularity, jocularity...

19. Can I recycle circuit boards?

20. sure

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!