Minnesota T-Wolves 2016-17, Kevin Garnett/Nikola Pekovic Memorial Thread

1. ‹ Older
  2. 3 months ago

It's fine. Not exciting at all. Original is still the best. Glad to see green, but that does scream Seahawks.

3. Minnesota Seawolves

4. So we finished tied with NY for 6th, so I think there's a coin flip for who gets the sixth and seventh position? If we're 6th, draft express has us taking Malik Monk, which would be so freaking cool.

5. 8 weeks ago

-image-

6. 7 weeks ago

Manu's block on Harden last night made me so very happy. I love a game-winning block.

7. Yeah, that was tight. Really thought Houston would take it with Kawhi on the bench in OT, but I'm cheering for the Spurs, so it made me quite happy too.

8. 6 weeks ago

9. Not exactly a murderer's row at the seventh spot this century. Curry is the only home run. Though getting a solid contributor like a few of these guys wouldn't be tragic. Jonathan Isaac or Malik Monk would be fantastic. Could try to package it with Zach and move up I suppose.

2000 - Chris Mihm
    2001- Eddie Griffin
    2002 - Nene
    2003 - Kirk Hinrich
    2004 - Luol Deng
    2005 - Charlie Villanueva
    2006 - Randy Foye
    2007 - Corey Brewer
    2008 - Eric Gordon
    2009 - Stephen Curry
    2010 - Greg Monroe
    2011 - Bismack Biyombo
    2012 - Harrison Barnes
    2013 - Ben McLemore
    2014 - Julius Randle
    2015 - Emmanuel Mudiay
    2016 - Jamal Murray

10. Two big non-Wolv takeaways:

Lakers, [1] keep their pick and [2] will probably get to take Lonzo and LaVar Ball. My brain is breaking. No team (if Boston keeps it or trades it) is going to take Ball when the Lakers have the second pick and he obviously wants to be there badly either now or in the future, and they can just take Fultz instead. I heard a snippet of the beginning of the LA sports radio's Laker Lottery live party at some sports bar earlier today, and when the hosts asked the crowd if they were excited to maybe get Lonzo, a bunch of people booed. Hometown guy. Big Baller Brand gets to launch in Hollywood and the LA media will be calling LaVar for quotes about the team everyday. This is going to be fucking fascinating and insane.

The Celtics get Brooklyn's pick next year in what is supposedly an even better draft. How was that trade even fucking legal? Bill Simmons mentioned in his column today that the Celtics can win a Game 7, the Draft Lottery, and Game 1 of the Conference Finals on three consecutive days.

11. Ha I read that article today and couldn't believe it. But who's this Lonzo guy? What's his deal why do people hate him?

12. You haven't been hearing about Lonzo and his dad who can beat Michael Jordan and Big Baller Brand and the $500 shoes?

13. I've only heard about the shoes. and was like who cares if he sells expensive shoes?

14. I mean, it's a long story at this point. Basically that just fits into a pattern of LaVar, uh, slightly overvaluing himself and his three sons (Lonzo being the oldest). Here's today's article from ESPN, which has been going on for awhile now and will be going into super mega overdrive now. And keep in mind that LeBron's deal with Nike pays him $1 billion over his lifetime.

LaVar Ball said Wednesday that if Nike, Under Armour or Adidas wants to make a deal with his Big Baller Brand now, the asking price is $3 billion. He also explained that he sees no need to market his products to women.

In a wide-ranging, sometimes contentious interview with Fox Sports 1's "The Herd with Colin Cowherd," LaVar Ball reiterated that he wants his son, NBA prospect Lonzo Ball, to play only for the Los Angeles Lakers and revealed he's sold 400 to 500 pairs of $495 ZO2 shoes since they launched two weeks ago.

Ball was asked about dealing with the big shoe companies and said they will regret not making a deal with him after his son is picked by the Lakers.

"Now that Lonzo's headed to Los Angeles, what they should have done is give me a billion dollars and let me be on my way," he said.

Told that number was unrealistic, Ball replied, "unrealistic to you."

"Now you know ... if they want to talk to me now, it just went up to $3 billion. Triple Bs -- billion, billion, billion," he said, adding: "That's the only way they going to come at me. I'm already in the building. I don't need them for nothing, as you can tell."

A source confirmed to ESPN's Darren Rovell that Ball's asking price with the big shoe companies was indeed $1 billion.

Fox Sports reporter Kristine Leahy, whom Ball earlier referred to as a "hater" and told to "stay in your lane" after she pressed him on the number of shoes sold, argued that for Big Baller Brand to be appealing to the big shoe companies, he would have to market his products to women. Ball scoffed at the idea.

"Yeah, if you have a women's company. ... We're talking about Big Baller Brand," he said.

Later in the interview, after several tense exchanges with Leahy, Ball said: "I never disrespect women, but I tell you what, if you act like that, something's coming to you and it's OK."

When Leahy asked whether he was threatening her, Ball said: "See how she's trying to turn the words. I would never threaten you." Leahy pointed out that Ball said something was coming to her, to which he replied: "I don't know what it is. I'm not a psychic."

15. “Back in my heyday, I would kill Michael Jordan one-on-one.”

LaVar was a bench player I think for one season at Washington State in the late 80's.

16. Ok ok now I get it. His father sounds like he's a horrible person and building up his son waaaaay too much. Only to set him up for failure. Please Magic save him!

17. @September11th “Back in my heyday, I would kill Michael Jordan one-on-one.”

LaVar was a bench player I think for one season at Washington State in the late 80's.

Actually, he was a STARTER for Washington State. Get it right, dog. According to Wiki he averaged 2.2 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game and then transferred to a DII school. What did MJ ever do?

18. He failed at baseball!

19. 5 weeks ago

tom

May 25 Administrator

How about these playoffs!? How little money would you have won predicting the Warriors and Cavs in the finals? The Warriors are a favorite to hate but I'm a long documented KD and Curry fan dating back to when they were drafted. Draymond is badass and Klay is fun shooter to watch. Hard to hate that team for me but get that it's not fun to root for the team that gets one of the best players in the league after setting the regular season wins record.

The finals will be interesting. It's either going to foment the Warriors as one of the all-time great teams winning 2 titles in 3 years while breaking all sorts of records for shooting 3s and winning regular season games. If they win the finals, they will have the best record of any team to win a title since they moved to all series best of 7 and already have the best three-year combined regular season record.

Also, the first round should move to best of 5.

Lebron wins and people start doing more comparisons between him and Jordan for GOAT. At this point, it's becoming real despite a few stinker games. If the Cavs win, Lebron will have beat TOUGH competition to win titles. Jordan beat a Dan Majerle, KJ, Barkley, Payton, Kemp, Mailman, Stockton, Drexler, old Magic Johnson, and a bunch of other jokers. Lebron has had great supporting staff, especially in Miami, and wouldn't have won without them. Same could have been said of Jordan. Paxson made a few big shots and Pippen's development was key to the Bulls getting past Detroit in the eastern conference.

I'm trying to find some light but otherwise, it's been a lot of non-competitive games. I did love watching the Celtics go down by 50 in the garden.

Go Wolves!

20. I personally can't wait for The Finals. It's like an incredibly huge heavyweight title match. Not sure I've ever been looking forward to a Finals matchup quite as much. People who think it's boring are nuts. OK, so maybe much of the playoffs was a bit dull. But that's over now. Kawhi getting hurt really torpedoed the WCF though, that sucked.

21. @September11th I personally can't wait for The Finals. It's like an incredibly huge heavyweight title match. Not sure I've ever been looking forward to a Finals matchup quite as much. People who think it's boring are nuts. OK, so maybe much of the playoffs was a bit dull. But that's over now. Kawhi getting hurt really torpedoed the WCF though, that sucked.

In 100% agreement. Yeah, the playoffs were boring this year. I mean outcomes of the series are not often in doubt most years, but at least they can still be interesting series. Not this year. And Kawhi's injury destroyed any chance of that series being fun.

But this finals is going to be fucking epic. I love the "three-match", I love these two teams, so many great players, etc.

or Sign Up to reply!