STNNNG Fake Fake 10 Yr Anniversary

1. 4 months ago

-image-

STNNNG's second album, our first as a five piece, was released on this day in 2006. To celebrate next Wednesday 11/23, we will be offering the record for free for 24 hours (ish) on our Bandcamp site

Also, our main home boys Signal to Trust also released one of the greatest records ever made (I am not kidding) Golden Armour on the same fucking day.

And we played a lunch show and there was fucking free food in the Entry and fucking Shellac played first. If you missed it you missed out. But you can still listen to the records. The Signal to Trust record you should pay at least twice the asking price for it. It is that good.

Thanks/STNNNG

2. Great, great, great show. So much fun. I had the good fortune of meeting Albini afterward and struggled to operate the flash recorder I was using for the interview. He would have none of my incompetence and it was kind of fantastic.

3. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Nov 18 Administrator

I smoked weed with mr tears and todd t. in the basement

4. I think this might have been the one my parents came to and my mom said : "Who are all these people here to see? Ben's band?"

5. ialto.

6. This was the first STNNNG album I bought and listened to, so I am biased, but it is my favorite. Love all these songs.

Hey I was just mentioning you guys to someone that had never heard of the band and that got me wondering when yer gonna be playing again. It's been a while, right?

7. Fond memories of the music and the people and the times

8. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Nov 19 Administrator

The halcyon heyday of modern radio message board

9. i was at shane shiners house and he gave me a sneak peek of this album before it came out

10. @cojak Hey I was just mentioning you guys to someone that had never heard of the band and that got me wondering when yer gonna be playing again. It's been a while, right?

Probably soon. Probably.

11. Ha, thanks

12. Incredible record. Their best.
    Lunch show was beautiful.

13. was there more than one lunch show with shellac?

14. Just 1x with them. I believe they played a breakfast show in the Entry several years prior.

15. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Nov 21 Administrator
    Edited 4 months ago by pitpat, Toby Ronnie

there was one earlier breakfast show in the entry, and one in the mainroom w. blonde redhead and brick layer cake. (i think?)

16. There was a Shellac breakfast show in 97 in the Entry that just them and one in 99 (I think?) in the Mainroom with Blonde Redhead & the Thrones

17. Can't remember where, but I've seen this band play some awesome shows. Stnnng, signal to trust are some of my classic fav bands from age 17-23

18. Surprise, it's live, name yr price

Go nuts. Tell yr friends. Will probably leave it like this through Wednesday. Happy Thanksgiving.

19. I remember me and Ezra apparently being the only ones to whom the beans hadn't been spilled re: Shellac at the Lunch Show. I walked in and saw their amps onstage and was all "huh?? whoa!!"

20. Bump

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!