Travel Plans 2017

1. ‹ Older
  2. 3 months ago

Oh man, that Barcelona deal is ENTICING

3. Google Flights is telling me it's $400 round-trip if you fly out of Madison. How is that even possible?

4. 3 weeks ago

Just got back from a trip to Slovenia and Croatia. Both places are great but holy shit, Slovenia is just awesome. Amazingly beautiful, clean, easily navigable, progressive, not over-touristed, just an all around amazing place. Highly recommended.

-image-

5. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jun 8 Administrator

vape status?

6. Why don't you ask these young gentlemen relaxing on the shores of Lake Bled?
    -image-

7. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jun 8 Administrator

you magnificent bastard

8. @jonbehm Just got back from a trip to Slovenia and Croatia. Both places are great but holy shit, Slovenia is just awesome. Amazingly beautiful, clean, easily navigable, progressive, not over-touristed, just an all around amazing place. Highly recommended.

I'm about two months out from my Croatia/Budapest/Prague trip. We're planning on a week in Croatia with 6 of 7 nights on the coast.

Any tips are welcome!

9. kbollox 1 hour ago

Croatia is beautiful. I didn't have enough time to see anything but the Northern part but my wife has been to the South and highly recommends Split and Dubrovnik. We spent our time in the region of Istria for 4 days. We based ourselves in Rovinj which is a gorgeous old port city with an old town that is full of labyrinth alleys/twisty streets, etc. There are lots of hill top towns around there that date back to Roman days and are pretty cool. Also the food is AMAZING. I mean if you like stuff like wine, truffles, cheese, and honey.

Here is a photo of Motovun, one of the towns we visited
    -image-

10. Sounds like you had a great trip. More places to visit!

11. I'm drinking a beer in Porto, Portugal right now. I went to Barcelona last week for the Primavera Sound Festival, and I am seeing the second round of the festival here in Porto. Spent four days in Madrid in between. I'll probably stay in Porto until Tuesday, then make my way to Lisbon for a few days. Friday night, I fly from Lisbon to Ghana. I'll meet my wife, daughter, and in-laws in Accra. We'll spend the next 2.5 weeks traveling most of the southern half of the country. Fuck working!

I'll post something interesting or maybe a few pics when I get back to a computer instead of an iPhone, but here are the bands I've seen so far or will be seeing in the next two days:

Run the Jewels (twice)
    Angel Olsen (twice)
    Sleaford Mods (twice)
    Shellac (twice)
    Royal Trux (twice)
    Japandroids (twice)
    Slayer
    Nikki Lane
    Death Grips
    Swans
    Black Angels (twice)
    William Tyler
    Skepta
    Sleep
    Afghan Whigs (twice)

Probably forgetting a few.

12. Now that sounds like a heckuva trip. Africa is my Last Continent.

13. Please don't tell you missed Grace Jones or Annette Peacock.

14. Dang, that's a lineup. When are the Sleaford Mods finally coming here?

15. Alaska in October to visit my brother, who lives there and works as a commercial fisherman on the Aleutians. Never been to AK. Looking forward to it.
    Also, Fargo in July for a wedding. Strangely pumped - I haven't been out of MN for a couple of years so any excuse, knowhatimsayin?

16. I was born in Alaska, in Wainright which is very far north.

I'm in Australia. Just dug my way up Scone Mountain, NSW
    & rode down some great red dirt hills.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23181763@N05/34402732443/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

17. I want to go to Alaska baaaaaaad. But like do nothing outdoorsy. Instead just get blasted in downtown Anchorage

18. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jun 11 Administrator

hahahahahaha yes.
    "you want to go see some glaciers?"

me: "nah. i heard the hotel bar has heineken on tap"

19. 2 weeks ago

Haha never seen Heineken on tap. Actually sounds kinda good.

20. It's hideous and omnipresent in Europe.

21. @LA Nick Alaska in October to visit my brother, who lives there and works as a commercial fisherman on the Aleutians. Never been to AK. Looking forward to it.
    Also, Fargo in July for a wedding. Strangely pumped - I haven't been out of MN for a couple of years so any excuse, knowhatimsayin?

Fargo is okay.

Fargo>Sioux Falls>Grand Forks

or Sign Up to reply!