1. 5 months ago
    Edited 5 months ago by DustyClaws

Anyone ever try Whole 30? I personally think it's very annoying and stupid food trend but am doing my best to support my significant other as we are on day 2. My personal beef with it is that it appears to be mostly about weight loss and less about general science based nutrition/health concepts. Was excited to still be able to eat bacon but the only bacon I could find without any form of sweetener was $14 a pound and admittedly didn't look very good because I don't really like pepper bacon I'm more into like hickory smoked slightly sweetened.

2. The argument is that it is supposed to be "an experience". When it comes down to it the high quality bacon I was looking at that had no added ingredients but isn't Whole 30 compliant because honey was used in the curing process. GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK. Sorry I just need to vent a little bit.

3. The diet ranked last among 38 popular diets evaluated by U.S. News & World Report in its 2016 Best Diets Rankings ... It was selected as one of the worst health trends for 2013 by Health Magazine.

4. I've looked the cookbooks over for the bookstore.
    The ® appears after a lot of things, and legumes
    are not allowed. Bad signs.

Beans are the magical fruit!

5. Cigarettes are a great appetite suppressant, aren't they?

6. Whale30™: Nothing but blubber for a month.

7. Eh we don't smoke cigs tho, not that they're whole 30 approved. Would rather use addys as appetite surpressant. Also no alcohol. We're not partaking in drugs of any kind. No vaping allowed either. Shits weak.

8. We got two cookbooks and there are actually plenty of good recipes there. I'm fine with whole 30 as long as people admit that the primary purpose is weight loss and not some guru health nut bullshit as it clearly excludes many foods with known health benifits. It's like Whole 30 is the Atkins diet (on steroids) for women and the paleo is the equivalent for dudes.

9. zom

Jan 2 Doors Fans

Read about how pig factories are ruining the world before you buy any bacon or pork.
    Really fucking tired of all the juvenile bacon memes, "jokes" and bro-recipes.

Don't get me started on fad "diets" and all that bullshit. That's all it is.

10. I will say I tried the whole 30 and it was the only thing that finally snapped me out of depression and now I just kinda loosely base my diet on it. I really think it was the cutting out carbs cheese and sugar part that attributed to it though.

11. Helps when you have a whole deer in your freezer

12. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jan 2 Administrator

if you're not vaping all your food, you might as well just eat Cheetos and sticks of butter until you die.

13. Are there any vine stars explaining the vape food diet?

14. My wife and I were going to do the whole 30 in the new year but did some research and thought it seemed kind of dumb in many ways so we're now just going to try and eat healthier and drink less.

15. ^ ding ding ding

16. I stepped on the scale at the Y this morning and..... uh.... yeah time to do something.

Not gonna do this Whole 30 deal but more exercise, eat healthier, less crap and sugar etc.

That was quite a shock I'll tell ya.

17. I was talking to a dietitian today at my work and she had good insights about and said," I advise people to do what works for them. If the militant 30 day diet works to snap you out of that funk and set you on a healthy path the rest of the year that is great. Objectively, the diet itself has numerous issues and I wouldn't recommend it long term." Or something like that.

It's kinda like alcoholics. Some people can moderate it and find a middle ground and some people need a more strict approach.

18. @zom Read about how pig factories are ruining the world before you buy any bacon or pork.
    Really fucking tired of all the juvenile bacon memes, "jokes" and bro-recipes.

Don't get me started on fad "diets" and all that bullshit. That's all it is.

All factory farming is horrible. I saw my first peta video er whatever when I was 12 and became a vegetarian. Some companies are obviously better than others if you can shell out the big bucks. I thought cow farming was by far the worst for the environment whereas pig and chicken farming is probably the most inhumane.

19. @jonbehm My wife and I were going to do the whole 30 in the new year but did some research and thought it seemed kind of dumb in many ways so we're now just going to try and eat healthier and drink less.

Also I think this is why certain people do the whole 30. Just "trying to eat healthier and drink less" really doesn't work for people trying to lose some weight. You really have to make everyday lifestyle modifications and be strong and consistent with it. Again, that would be the theory. I don't really care either way.

20. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jan 2 Administrator

i stopped drinking as much (mainly for depression) and have been trying to consume less starch.
    (like, if you're having rice with a meal, you don't ALSO need bread, even tho bread rules).
    i've lost a couple pounds w.o even trying. bread is my weakness i love it so much.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!