2017 Reading

1. 3 months ago

And it just don't stop, I got a grip of stuff to read over the holiday, currently Stradella by James Sherwood

2. Elena Fanailova The Russian Version from Ugly Duckling Presse. Really austere, harsh poetry––i have the same emotional reaction/attraction to this as i do brutalist architecture.

Tatsumi Hijikata/Moe Yamamoto Costume en Face: A Primer of Darkness for Young Girls & Boys also from UGP. Yamamoto's translated notebook of Hijikata's directions for the titular piece's choreography. Graphically amazing, & a great read overall. Highly recommended for lyricists.

3. The Dark Half by Stephen King. Author writing under a pseudonym until the pseudonym apparently comes to life when he tries to stop using it. Starts killing stuff, etc. 1990-era King. P good, but not great.

4. That was my first King. Always have a soft spot for it, and it was responsible for my love of Berol pencils through the '90s.

5. Awesome. I have been a King reader since my early teens - about 20 years - and I'm slowing down a lil on him, but try to get in one or two books a year.

6. Never much cared for it. Running Man was awesome.

7. I just finished Ride a Cockhorse by Raymond Kennedy and it was one of the funniest books I've read in an age.

8. @the Classical I just finished Ride a Cockhorse by Raymond Kennedy and it was one of the funniest books I've read in an age.

You said cock!
    -image-

9. The Tortilla Curtain My mom gave me this book a few years ago. Stay tuned.

10. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jan 10 Administrator

is that a euphemism for a vag?

11. Um, bro, I don't know what kinda chicks u r hanging out with but...yeah, actually that's a GREAT euphemism.
    Something, something, extra sour cream....

12. Started Norman Mailer's Ancient Evenings, which I've always wanted to read and I was hooked even before I got to the double penetrative sex (page 20)

13. if u like fucking u should check out lady's chatterly lover by dhl lawrence

14. Edited 3 months ago by the Classical

I think I flipped through it in high school but I don't recall it firing much of my prurient imagination

15. I also might have been confusing Lawrence with Eliot cuz of the two letter abbreviations

16. In retrospect, I think for the purposes of my joke I should have left the "g" off "fucking".

17. "Yo where you keep all your British people fuckin books?"

18. Edited 3 months ago by the Classical

@the Classical I think I flipped through it in high school but I don't recall it firing much of my prurient imagination

TBF, in high school I read so much Miller, Burroughs, and Ballard that if Lady Chatterly didn't orgasm during a high velocity car crash while her lover & husband engaged in jizz drenched sex with each other & a host of space aliens within like the first couple of pages I probably would have lost interest

19. haha

I do recall it being a good book but it was a long time ago.

20. "Does her butthole talk? No? Pfft, I ain't wasting my time"

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!