A Teevee Thread for 2017

1. ‹ Older
  2. 2 months ago

Yep, and nearly forgot about American Gods! I feel like i'm going to be set for years

3. I agree on your point about the voices. It's difficult to distinguish them, but I think watching a few more eps will help.

4. Still getting accustomed to the voices and the particular styles of the three theater performers (I was a big Nelson/Murphy/Corbett guy) but so far I like it quite a bit. It basically feels right. Oswalt is excellent, and I love Felicia Day's uniform. It's basically a '30s German panzer jacket but with even more lurid piping and over-the-top lapels.

It's an enjoyable, homey time-killer that's often hilarious, just like its previous incarnations.

5. Oh, and I nearly forgot about The Handmaid's Tale. Premieres on Hulu on 4/26

6. My GF loved the big little lies books but thankfully didn't get too into the show. Girls just had their final episode which I actually kinda liked that show (Elijah was the best). Silicon Valley new season starts next week I think!

My current comfort nostalgia show right now is Malcolm in the Middle. Its been a surprisely good show to rewatch after all these years.

7. @DustyClaws My current comfort nostalgia show right now is Malcolm in the Middle. Its been a surprisely good show to rewatch after all these years.

There was something circulating the internet last week about Frankie Muniz having the same realization.

8. I think breaking bad also plays a big part in rehashing Malcolm and enjoying it because Hal is such a good character.

9. I found Big Little Lies pretty annoying but stuck it out cause I have a hard time giving up on a show. It had its moments, but skippable.

Crashing was very good. I had not been familiar with Pete Holmes, but I guess he's had several other shows.

And, as always, Supergirl with Lil' Low. It's bad. The bad guys last week wanted to "Make Daxxon Great Again..."

10. First episode of Fortitude seems very promising. It's a weird murder mystery set in a research station town somewhere in the Arctic. There is some prehistoric beast that thawed out of a glacier, and weird shit has started happening.

11. Oh man, Chewing Gum is hilarious.

Also, The Handmaid's Tale is good so far. Trying to figure out how its tracking with the book but I don't know if my memory of it is perfect. I do feel like from what I remember I am not sure how they are going to fill out ten whole episodes. Also, SUPER curious how they are going to handle the ending

12. .

13. .

14. @jonbehm Also, SUPER curious how they are going to handle the ending

SAME
    I couldn't stop watching, though. Holy shit.

15. @jonbehm First episode of Fortitude seems very promising. It's a weird murder mystery set in a research station town somewhere in the Arctic. There is some prehistoric beast that thawed out of a glacier, and weird shit has started happening.

Intrigued. What channel?

16. Agreed The Handmaid's Tale is good so far - pretty close to the book, a few changes and more flashbacks.

17. .

18. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Apr 28 Administrator

i think it's an amazon prime jawn?

19. I want to watch The Handmaid's Tale but I'm worried it will be a big triggering. Read the book years ago.

Sunday is the premiere of American Gods on STARZ. Hoping for the best but the casting doesn't match what was in my head at all and I've read and re-read the book many times.

20. J Low 2 hours ago
    Intrigued. What channel?

Yup, amazon prime

21. .

or Sign Up to reply!