Let's Get This Cat Party Restarted

1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 months ago

Cat owners: how do I keep my neighbor's cat out my yard? For its own protection.

3. If we could figure out how to keep cats out of anywhere, we would be able to have nice things like flowers in vases and intact charging cables.

4. Seriously, though, citrus is supposed to be a safe repellant. There are also safe commercial repellants you can sprinkle around your yard.

5. I'll try that! Thanks! I just worry about a lazy, cuddly house cat wandering into the yard and my dogs injuring it. I would feel terrible.

6. @jenn I'll try that! Thanks! I just worry about a lazy, cuddly house cat wandering into the yard and my dogs injuring it. I would feel terrible.

Has the cat been in your yard to be in conflict with your dogs? Even lazy, cuddly house cats seem like they could get away from a dog and then never come back.

7. @RandiFountain -image-

I have been watching this video on the reg for the past few days.

8. Edited 4 months ago by jenn

@stu Has the cat been in your yard to be in conflict with your dogs? Even lazy, cuddly house cats seem like they could get away from a dog and then never come back.

That's my hope!
    I've seen the dogs take off after it once before, but it was close enough to the fence to get away.

9. Ugh, I always worry about our feral cats not making it back because they wandered into the wrong dog yard. This plus cars plus mean people is 100% why my cats are 100% indoors (unless supervised on a leash). If I had the space and means to bring our feral friends in I sure would do that too.

10. Luckily the feral cats seem to have better wits about them, and they seem pretty adept at defending themselves. I've seen my dog get cornered by one before!

11. A fully enclawed cat can hold its own against most dogs.

12. My cat has no dog problems, but other cats kick his ass a lot.
    This picture shows one of his torn ears.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23181763@N05/33136701926/in/photostream/lightbox/

13. If I don't spend 15 minutes or so running around with him,
    he knocks everything over in annoyance.

14. our cat goes ridiculously bonkers whenever she sees another cat. we have two cats regularly showing up in our yard lately. one is in heat and humps the sidewalk. the other was peeping in our bedroom window last night, making our cat scream bloody murder and run room to room trying to fight/intimidate/scare off/whatever the other cat. fun?

15. My cats just get to freak out pigeons.

16. 3 months ago

The ancient prophecy is fulfilled.

-image-

17. Love that.

My cats, last night .

18. -image-

Sally Button

19. This 2-minute video of a cat running around Marlins Park in Miami during last night's baseball contest is worth watching.

20. Manny sent me a gif of that today but watching it again with the announcers is better. I love it when the crowd cheers for the cat.

21. -image-

or Sign Up to reply!