1. 5 months ago

pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Mar 7 Administrator

A-Frames - black forest
    Sunn o))) - oracle
    Ash Borer - the irrepassable gate
    Danny Brown - atrocity exhibition

2. Nell Yung-Zuma

3. I'm listening my way through the bands playing Psycho Las Vegas. Digging Celeste.

Read an article about metal and Nazis and Profound Lore (among others) that bummed me out.

4. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Mar 7 Administrator

Celeste is way cool. Saw them at the Hex a couple years ago...really good live show

5. Tuxedomoon - no tears (thanx Clone!)
    the Clean - getaway
    New Order - brotherhood
    the Rolling Stones - sticky fingers
    Iggy Pop - post pop depression

6. Never heard that tuxedomoon but I love them! P rare.

7. @J Low I'm listening my way through the bands playing Psycho Las Vegas. Digging Celeste.

Read an article about metal and Nazis and Profound Lore (among others) that bummed me out.

That AV Club article? Ehhh I don't know not a great article. Kinda lumping Profound Lore in with white power labels is a stretch. Also the writer goes ga ha over pop punk and emo Revival stuff who I think lyrics are full of awful whiny misogynist stuff.

8. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Mar 7 Administrator

P.Lore has definitely had some 'sketchy-adjacent' artists on their roster.
    but they also released super lefty stuff like Altar Of Plagues. and weird techno stuff.
    there's more than enough awesome metal that doesn't traffic in stupid racism/shock value nonsense. i just try to focus on that.

9. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Mar 7 Administrator

someone on the viva la vinyl board was talking about how all the NSBM bands are super overweight and gross, and coined the genius term "temporarily embarrassed ubermenches"

10. The new master race is going to be fully of drummers who play really fast but don't hit very hard.

11. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Mar 7 Administrator

being oppressed by 40 year old manchildren with cystic acne and sweatpants

12. Everyone gets a black hoodie and an illegible logo

13. Loops of unboxing videos of Sepultura box sets

14. Awwwwww, sweatpants

15. @Arby_Headphones That AV Club article? Ehhh I don't know not a great article. Kinda lumping Profound Lore in with white power labels is a stretch. Also the writer goes ga ha over pop punk and emo Revival stuff who I think lyrics are full of awful whiny misogynist stuff.

It is an incredibly tired topic of conversation in my opinion and that article is nothing more than a compilation of " some have said" tabloid shit and giving more exposure to insecure dudes just want to be the most transgressive and extreme. The same way I feel about Milo Y, etc.

Then again I am not Jewish and I am not a person of color so mileage may vary understandably

16. That kind of makes a big difference. But regardless, how does one cut Varg or "fuhr3r" dude any kind of slack?

17. Ignoring?

18. No slack given or taken. Varg is undoubtedly a douchey human, but there are millions of them out there. Life is short.

19. I think reaction and indignance is their aim. Too easy.

20. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!