Twins and Baseball 2017

1. 3 weeks ago

Not off to a good start.

Dessa cites illness, bows out as national anthem performer for Twins season opener

2. I'll do it.

3. We're set to be the worst team in the league with no one up the middle. BUT, I love baseball, and I hope they're smart enough to bring Park up from the minors on a year we're not doing anything so he can hopefully shake his nerves off.

4. What do you mean by no one up the middle? We've got questions at shortstop, but Dozier is solid at second, and Buxton can just about cover the entire outfield himself?

5. I'll do it.

6. I'll have to try to take work off for a midday game sometime this season.

7. @stu What do you mean by no one up the middle? We've got questions at shortstop, but Dozier is solid at second, and Buxton can just about cover the entire outfield himself?

actual lol at Buxton, but mostly I was talking pitching.

8. Edited 3 weeks ago by jenn

Who's catching? Murphy? Garver? I already miss Suzuki. I mean, dude wasn't a flashy player, but he was on base a whole lot.

9. Season is already turning out to be a dessaster

10. Edited 3 weeks ago by jenn

And, don't get me wrong, Dozier is a solid player, but not "carry the entire team" solid. He just doesn't have the razzle dazzle. Dude played guitar and Christian rock songs at Faith night last year. His jeans were terrible, too.

11. Shoot, I adore BullDozier. I sold raffle tickets during the Diamond Awards fundraiser and had to stop myself from tackling the dude with a bear hug when I saw him.

Wearing my Brad Radke tee in honor of the opener today.

12. Jason Castro, most recently of the Astros, is behind the plate.

It will probably be a rough season. I assume anyone over the age of 25 not named Mauer will be traded away by the deadline.

13. There's no baseball player in the league that can carry an entire team. Example: Mike Trout plays for the Angels and Ricky Fucking Nolasco is their opening day starter.

14. Doy. But everyone's like, "Oooh, but we have Dozier."

15. also lawl at Ricky Fucking Nolasco

16. I blame dessa

17. Also, Jacque Jones, my personal Twins hero, took his twitter account down the winter after it was hacked by someone spamming for Caribbean vacations or something.

18. Win #1 in the books. Good thing there wasn't some sort of #dessacurse.

19. Maybe there is, maybe they only win if she's sick.

20. hey dessa is SICK ALL THE TIME

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!