April 2017 Movies

1. ‹ Older
  2. 3 months ago

Recently watched Beasts of No Nation. It's been on Netflix for awhile but I just got around to it. Great film though very disturbing cause of the subject matter.

Also watched Ponyo at my daughters request. It's a Hayao Miyazaki film. Not as good as Sprited Away or Howl s Moving Castle but still pretty fun.

3. @dan_johnson Someone should start a dating app specifically branded to appeal to people who are 99% resigned to dying alone and having their pets eat them.

Maybe not so much a dating app, but something where someone you meet through the app consents to be on a call list to be informed when you do die.

4. Finally saw Kubo and the 2 Strings. Really, really enjoyed it. Some cheez-ish 'in every modern cartoon' bits, but mostly very good. Excellent animation, simple fairy tale type story. The animation is really amazing and that alone makes it worth watching.

5. Plus was heavily deeshed - which certainly gave it more emotional impact.

6. @Turlough's ;Axe Finally saw Kubo and the 2 Strings. Really, really enjoyed it. Some cheez-ish 'in every modern cartoon' bits, but mostly very good. Excellent animation, simple fairy tale type story. The animation is really amazing and that alone makes it worth watching.

Managed to get free passes for that one when it was still in the theater. The kiddo and I enjoyed it on the big screen. It is a beautiful little movie.

7. Color Me Blood Red - HG Lewis classic, a painter starts using human blood on his canvases to impress his critics. Not quite Two Thousand Maniacs, but still great shit.

American Samurai - Doug Bradley of the American Ninja sequels without Dudikoff vs. Mark Dacascos of every 90s action movie. A Cannon Film. Entertaining, solid dumbass Bloodsport ripoff.

Hundra - 1983 sword & sandal Conan cash-in, loved it. Will be seeking out more of Matt Cimber's work.

Scorpion Thunderbolt - Terrible/awesome 1988 Godfrey Ho mashterpiece, he took footage from another film, and edited in new footage with Richard Harrison at his sleazebag greatest. Loved it.

Mutant Girls Squad - I've been meaning to see this for years and just got to it. I like Iguchi's movies, even if they're stupid they always make me laugh. This might be the most outrageous of his I've seen so far, and I've seen Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead. Don't think I'll ever be able to forget the chainsaw butthole.

8. finally watched arrival

i legit don't know where to start

9. complaining about it, i mean

10. Yep

11. Just saw The Nice Guys. It was fun. Like my lady friend said, Shane Black can keep making that movie and I'll keep watching it.

12. HEMA HEMA trailers look good! Tonight at Uptown.

13. Lil' Low really wanted to see the Lego Batman movie, so we went. It was fairly entertaining until the credits started rolling. Executive Producer Steven Mnuchin.

14. ^^^ that kind of shit is so fucking bizarre in this weird Neo reality we are living in.

15. Poison for the Fairies - Superb 1984 Mexican horror. Centered on two young girls, one convinces the other she is a witch, which leads them to do increasingly crazy shit as one girl manipulates the other. Gorgeous sets, colors, everything. The director obviously put a lot of thought into creating an insular world of pretend, showing adults from the back and below, never showing their faces. Reminded me a bit of Alucarda, but not nearly as extreme or sexual. A+ 100%

16. Get Out lived up to the hype I thought. A lot going on there - would love to see it again

17. Also, The Salvation - Western starring Mads Mikkelson as a Danish gunslinger out for vengeance. Also this guy Mikael Persbrandt who I feel like looks like a badass version of Gene Wilder somehow.
    -image-

And Deathgasm - Kiwi teen metalheads accidentally summon Satan. It was a pretty fun time

18. @J Low Executive Producer Steven Mnuchin

"In 2004, he founded RatPac-Dune Entertainment as a side business, which was the financier of a number of notable films, including the X-Men film franchise and Avatar.

In Hollywood, Mnuchin, along with film producer Brett Ratner and financier James Packer, working with RatPac-Dune Entertainment, produced American Sniper and Mad Max: Fury Road."

19. It's too bad RatPac-Dune Entertainment isn't a company whose only goal is to remake the David Lynch version of Dune with hologram versions of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis, Jr.

20. "the spice must flow daddy-o"

21. "Put the pick in, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

-image-

-image-

or Sign Up to reply!