Just Overheard at the Workplace...

1. 2 weeks ago

"I had a friend, Joey, who I lost when we were young."

2. "I was BORN smangin' it."

3. At the gym last wknd I overheard a guy describing someone by saying "she's got a really amazing personality but she doesn't photograph well."

4. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Apr 11 Administrator

maybe he meant her skills as a photographer.
    "for some reason, she never gets a person's head in the shot"

5. that's entirely possible - but in that case he would probably just say "she's a shit photographer"

I assumed it was a creatively roundabout diss

6. @pitpat, Toby Ronnie maybe he meant her skills as a photographer.
    "for some reason, she never gets a person's head in the shot"

hahaha <3

7. Roger, my 6'5" middle aged co-worker singing "I Wanna Sex You Up" at the top of his lungs on the production floor

8. zom

Apr 11 Doors Fans

"What else do they have at Arby's that's good, besides the roast beef"?

9. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Apr 11 Administrator

classic @Arby_Headphones

10. @Turlough's ;Axe "I had a friend, Joey, who I lost when we were young."

Like, at the mall?

11. They have gyros with something resembling shawarma now, although, arby-loaf itself is arguably already closer to shawarma than it is to actual roasted beef.

12. Holdin' out for a gyro.

13. I'm not sure if you've gone too meta or just weren't aware, but that song is actually in the commercial.

14. ...except Ving Rhames keeps pronouncing "gyro" like "Euro" in a way that makes my eye twitch.

15. Not so much overheard as said directly to me:

"That's how you start your morning right there!" [proceeds to show me that he's listening to Paradise By the Dashboard Lights]

Right, so cool.

16. I was conducting a usability test on a website yesterday and the participant (a co-worker) offered up this gem:

"They seem very focused on people. I don't give a shit about people."

17. One of my co-workers just mentioned that he watched a movie on Netflix, then went on to explain what Netflix was, except he explained it as being a service where they send you DVDs through the mail.

Which I guess is technically still true, but I had completely forgotten.

18. You should have said "I think you're thinking of Quikster"

19. @YITH You should have said "I think you're thinking of Quikster"

lol deep cut.
    I am proud 2 say that I have been a Netflix DVD subscriber off and on since 2003. I think I even went through the Qwikster era.
    The DVD section offers a much wider section of feature films than streaming. But the wait time has gotten longer for many of them - I wouldn't b surprised 2 see DVD Netflix slowly go the way of the buffalo (mxpx reference, btw) within a year or dos.

20. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!