Is this thing on? Gardening 2017

1. ‹ Older
  2. 2 months ago

Okra is like lutefisk, fucking gross ass "old tymey" food tradition that needs to be left to history.

3. lol northerners

4. Edited 2 months ago by Princelumber

Garbage that people once ate to survive.

Like buttermilk, fucking barf.

5. Buttermilk is awesome and necessary in baking, plebes.

6. You guys remind me of the white ladies that scrunch their noses at the "ethnic" foods the dudes who work in the shop eat.

7. zom

May 11 Doors Fans

@jenn Buttermilk is awesome and necessary in baking, plebes.

It really isn't.

8. You remind me why this board sucks nowadays and nobody posts anymore.

9. zom

May 11 Doors Fans

You're a northern white lady.

10. @Princelumber You remind me why this board sucks nowadays and nobody posts anymore.

God I want to take shots of your tears.

11. Edited 2 months ago by jenn

lol anyway, whatever people like to grow and eat, more power to them. I won't shame you.

This thread can be super helpful, though, and I appreciate the folks making it so. I haven't had good luck with corn up here, and I'm wondering if there's a sweet corn variety anyone's had success with. I keep getting scrawny ears that don't seem to get a long enough growing season to get plump and full.

I absolutely LOVE growing collared greens. They're so prolific up here, and I've found they grow well into the fall. I even had some come back the next year. I'm thinking about doing ground cherries this year, a couple of tomatoes and other salsa mix veggies. Carolina Reapers! I'm excited about those.

12. zom

May 11 Doors Fans

It's not "shaming" if someone says okra is disgusting.

13. "I don't like okra," is very different than saying, "Okra is disgusting," after someone posts about planting, growing, and enjoying okra.

14. zom

May 11 Doors Fans

I don't like okra, because it is disgusting.

15. Apparently i shed tears about it at some point.

16. zom

May 11 Doors Fans

I didn't see anything about anyone "enjoying" okra.

17. Holy shit men, knock it the motherfuck off.

18. @jenn l, though, and I appreciate the folks making it so. I haven't had good luck with corn up here, and I'm wondering if there's a sweet corn variety anyone's had success with. I keep getting scrawny ears that don't seem to get a long enough growing season to get plump and full.

I absolutely LOVE growing collared greens. They're so prolific up here, and I've found they grow well into the fall. I even had some come back the next year. I'm thinking about doing ground ch

I don't remember the variety, but I had a nice crop of sweet corn in my backyard in Mpls years ago, just about to ripen and a slobbering (rabid?) raccoon annihilated all of it while I napped. You may recall my backyard was a mess of husks and silks and foamy drool.

I've never done collard greens, but now you're giving my tummy ideas my garden is gonna have to pay for.

19. zom

May 11 Doors Fans

@stuffedpheasant Holy shit men, knock it the motherfuck off.

You're not my mom.

20. I'll feed your mom okra til she cums collard greens.

21. Does the drama llama eat okra? You guys fight about the funniest things.

or Sign Up to reply!