NEW TV thread 2017

1. 3 weeks ago

That American Gods episode was boring.

2. repost from shitty thread:

On Netflix now: http://lospunksfilm.com/

This was really good!

3. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

May 2 Administrator

i'm getting super into the 1st season of Fortitude.
    i'm a sucker for any creepy sci fi horror in an arctic environment.

4. @pitpat, Toby Ronnie i'm getting super into the 1st season of Fortitude.
    i'm a sucker for any creepy sci fi horror in an arctic environment.

INTERESTED. What's that?

5. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

May 2 Administrator

new amazon prime show set in arctic norway, in a community of researchers.
    kinda like The Thing.
    there's 'something'...as of yet unknown...that's frozen in the earth.
    then 2 unsolved killings happen and some feds come in.

6. ("New" in the sense that it's on Amazon now. Originally ran in the UK a couple years back.)

7. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

May 2 Administrator

yeah, first season appears to be from 2015

8. @jenn That American Gods episode was boring.

I am admittedly less than conversant in the source material, but I enjoyed it. It had all the things I want to look at on the television machine.

9. I liked the first episode of American Gods as well

10. Yeah, seemed very DUDE.

11. Edited 3 weeks ago by jenn

Like, everybody just compared dicks the whole time. I mean, that's great, dicks are awesome, but I was just sort of like, OKAY CAN WE JUST MOVE ON FROM THAT? no? Alright, you guys do you.

12. It's a pretty dude-centric book.

13. Edited 3 weeks ago by jenn

I don't even mean DUDE in the sense of MEN, because I know a lot of intellectual men who like good story telling, but I mean like bruh DUDE.

I was expecting more. I'll still watch it and probably get into it, but the opening episode was boring to me. Don't get me wrong, I love ultra violence and gore and sex and tiddy and all that stuff, but it never hurts to elevate the dialogue beyond grunting one liners at each other. NOTE: I did not read this book.

14. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

May 2 Administrator

speaking of, Fortitude features several male cast members hanging dong.

15. 2 weeks ago

I have been watching this Netflix show Tales by Light that showcases extreme photographers (who all somehow seem to be Australian). It's pretty interesting. But also frustrating. Like, who are these people and how do they have this job where they just bounce across the globe and spend weeks at a time taking pictures in remote and beautiful settings? Basically I am incredibly jealous, the same way I am when I watch Anthony Bourdain's shows

16. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

May 9 Administrator

if i had a wealthy benefactor who let me go globehopping with a camera crew, and also would keep me laced in deesh and food, i could guarantee 22 minutes of usuable footage weekly. no prob.

17. Really enjoying the new MST3K's. Definitely feels a bit weird at first, but they do a damn good job. Expectations exceeded. Also I hadn't seen the famous old Manos Hands of Fate episode until the reboot made me want to go back and watch some old episodes, and wow, man. Wow. Torgo.

18. Getting really excited for the new season of Bojack Horseman this summer. The last season was so heavy and good. Remember at the end how he was driving out in the desert and he was going to commit suicide then he stopped his car and saw all the non-anthropomorphic horses running in the distance?

19. @September11th Really enjoying the new MST3K's. Definitely feels a bit weird at first, but they do a damn good job. Expectations exceeded. Also I hadn't seen the famous old Manos Hands of Fate episode until the reboot made me want to go back and watch some old episodes, and wow, man. Wow. Torgo.

I read somewhere that the Torgo costume permanently fixed that guy up.

20. The actor who played Torgo? He committed suicide shortly after the filming I read. A serious acid head apparently.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!