May Listenings : For Music Listeners

1. 3 months ago

Aaron Dilloway - The Gag File
    Mi Ami - Steal Your Face
    Spicoli - Hustler

2. New Oxbow, new New Year, new Brotzmann/Leigh, new Alice Coltrane collection...all basically great.

3. 2 months ago

Al Green at home, Pulp in car

4. New Full of Hell, Biohazard, Incendiary,

5. Possessed - Seven Churches
    Mountain - Nantucket Sleighride (High clunker quotient but the good ones on this album are so good)

6. Some pals'o'mine were gonna do Nantucket Sleighride in its entirety. Hopefully they'll bring it back together and do it this winter, cause they're the right group for the job. Totally agree about the clunker-to-good ones assessment.

7. Listening to the Mondo reissues of Twin Peaks OST and Twin Peaks:FWWM OST. They are...okay.

The FWWM was missing the first LP and had two copies of the second LP. Groan. I compared and found one sounded like ass and the other was okay, so the ass one went back and they sent me the correct record.

Nice to own these but Rhino are reissuing them again, and probably with better pressings.

I swear I don't fall for every Record Store Day type bullshit-reissue-bait. I certainly will stay far away from Mondo from here on out.

8. Do Make Say Think - Stubborn Persistent Illusions
    Pharmakon - Contact

I am in love with this new Pharmakon album!

9. Larkin Grimm - Chasing An Illusion

10. Heard this band called Hovvdy on Radio K a few weeks ago. Been listening to them on Bandcamp a lot lately. It's like the Spinanes. Has that '90s recorded in a bedroom, but not too loud so you don't wake your roommate, feeling.

11. fucking love Pharmakon, need to check out the new one.

been listening to the first volume of a two volume Nigerian 70's psych rock comp. highly recommended. haven't even made it to the second volume because I've been enjoying the first so much.
    -image-
    -image-

12. @September11th fucking love Pharmakon, need to check out the new one.

been listening to the first volume of a two volume Nigerian 70's psych rock comp. highly recommended. haven't even made it to the second volume because I've been enjoying the first so much.
    -image-
    -image-

Got this one a few months back. It is indeed top notch.

13. My kid gave me wake up you for xmas. i did something right!

14. Swans - Deliquesscence - brand new live 2xCD that was for sale one the Young God website, but is now apparently gone (still available at upcoming shows). Features three new pieces, which MG says will not be recorded or released elsewhere. Good stuff, pretty much the set I saw them play in London last October.
    Liner notes and photos are particularly good.

15. spa moans has been some 'holy shit' shit for me lately

16. related: choral reefr

17. Endless Boogie - vibe killer

18. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

May 26 Administrator

incidentally, that goofy fucker with the bangs in that band kinda ruins their vibe for me

19. picked up t. razos party in the back and just caught on to the max fish razo sk8 scene connection with this band.
    i like the cartoony guy with the haircut - when hes more rambling and stuppored, and isnt going for the aggro bite, which he doesnt do on this record so much.

20. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!