Chris Cornell dead at 52

1. 2 months ago

Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

2. 52 is too danged young.

3. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

May 18 Administrator

suicide is what i've been reading.
    sux. soundgarden were a way bigger deal to me in my youth than nirvana.
    rip.

4. damn :(

5. Shit. My wife woke me up early this morning to tell me. I haven't felt sad about a musician dying since maybe Lemmy or Jay Reatard.

6. @pitpat, Toby Ronnie suicide is what i've been reading.
    sux. soundgarden were a way bigger deal to me in my youth than nirvana.
    rip.

I'll actually still listen to Soundgarden from time to time.

7. It took me a long time to come around on Soundgarden. That's more my problem than theirs.

8. Dang it all. 52. I'm 52. I dug Soundgarden and he seemed like a pretty cool guy from what i have heard.

9. How have I been on the Internet for like 3 hours and not seen this till now?
    RIP man.
    Even tho I joked a lot about u, I still love Hunger Strike.
    Also love the suicide machines lyric "Worship Jeff Spicoli, not Chris Cornell/Get a pair of Vans or God will send u 2 hell"

10. Yep, police are investigating it as a suicide.

11. I really enjoyed Soundgarden in my youth.
    I think if it's a hanging, I wouldn't rule out autoerotic asphyxiation.

12. I just read an article that he was found in the bathroom. Regardless, it's sad.

13. Suicide does feel a little odd. In the middle of a tour is a weird time to do it, most would see the whole thing out and do it later. Does make me wonder about the autoerotic asphyxiation thing if it wasn't drugs. And I doubt they'd be investigating it as a suicide if it was a simple overdose. But who knows, maybe it was a moment of weakness and he decided to off himself. I won't lie and pretend I was a big fan outside of a few songs, but it's very sad.

14. "#Detroit finally back to Rock City #nomorebullshit" is a strange last tweet for someone planning to kill themself is all I'm saying.

15. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

May 18 Administrator

So i guess he slipped a couple verses of 'in my time of dying' into their final song last night

16. I read they covered it.

17. @pitpat, Toby Ronnie So i guess he slipped a couple verses of 'in my time of dying' into their final song last night

During "Slaves & Bulldozers" looks like they have done that for a little while...

I haven't spent much time with their records in a long time but they were a huge and formative influence on me when I was just getting into non-metal/non-classic rock...they were an important transitional band for me linking Zep/Sabbath with underground/punk stuff.

RIP.

18. Edited 2 months ago by sonicfreak

Nothing Compares 2 U. Forgot he did this.

Hunted Down is my favorite.

19. That's a shame. I wasn't a superfan by any means but I thought he was an excellent singer/frontman and greatly enjoyed a lot of his work. Also, not sure if appropriate at the moment but while he was a very handsome and well-preserved man of 52, when he was young in the early days of Soundgarden...wow, was he ever fiiiiine.

-image-

20. Yeah, totally 90's crush territory.

Man, this is terrible. My heart goes out to his family.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!