It Happened Again (SPOILERS)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 weeks ago

Splayed? Laura's corpse was wrapped in plastic, yo.

3. Deleted 8 weeks ago by kbollox
  4. First ep of the new series dudes, try to keep up

5. Hey, Showtime is giving the first two episodes of this season away for free , at their website, in honor of National Doughnut Day.

So if you've not yet taken the plunge, get to it.

6. 7 weeks ago

Was that Uniform blasting out of that black car in Ep. 5 last night?

7. That band Trouble at the end credits sounded a lot like locals "Bookhouse"

8. I actually thought it was Disappears with a sax player. Same guitar sound and looked kind of similar.

9. @orbit Was that Uniform blasting out of that black car in Ep. 5 last night?

yes it was!

10. 4 weeks ago

This is the water and this is the well. Drink full and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.

11. I LOVE THE NEW TWIN PEAKS. Better than the original.

12. I've watched every episode, and still haven't watched beyond the first episode of the original. Strangely, while I'm nominally enjoying the current season, it's in no way making me specifically want to watch the previous.

My overall opinion remains at, "It's neat that someone agreed to let someone put this on TV."

13. last week

Random: Naomi Watts is becoming my favorite character of the new season.
    Need to watch last night's episode again, though. I had a few drinks and was still digesting the GOT premiere.

14. 3 days ago

Ep 8 is one of the most incredible pieces of stand-alone art cinema I've ever seen, and a mesmerizing meditation on the demons we spawned at the dawn of the nuclear age.

I'm really digging the new TP, even though there are moments that seem like filler. Better than the original, in part because he's not treating it like a nostalgia piece.

15. 2 days ago

@Dustroyer Ep 8 is one of the most incredible pieces of stand-alone art cinema I've ever seen, and a mesmerizing meditation on the demons we spawned at the dawn of the nuclear age.

I'm really digging the new TP, even though there are moments that seem like filler. Better than the original, in part because he's not treating it like a nostalgia piece.

There certainly seem to be some secondary / tertiary storylines that appear as irrelevant to the main narrative as, say, the time-wasting "Nadine goes back to high school" subplot of season 2, but I'm waiting for the conclusion before I pass judgment. Overall I'm enjoying this new season quite a lot. Looking forward to binge-rewatching when it's all done, as the mostly non-episodic nature of it really makes it more of an 18 hour movie than a TV season. And yeah, ep 8 was dazzling.

16. Last night's episode really had that blend of weird / dark / pretty funny in most scenes. That's the Twin Peaks flavor I look for. Damn good!

17. In related news, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me is getting the Criterion treatment.

18. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jul 24 Administrator

the first time i tripped dicks on mushrooms i listened to the soundtrack to Fire Walk With Me.
    wouldn't recommend.

19. @pitpat, Toby Ronnie the first time i tripped dicks on mushrooms i listened to the soundtrack to Fire Walk With Me.
    wouldn't recommend.

Dude, what the fuck. Like, noooooo.

20. Oddly, the only new extra is a Sheryl Lee interview on Criterion's FWWM. Which seems...lacking.

I loved Nadine Goes to High School and Makes Mike Nelson Her Love Slave. That was certainly more satisfying than Little Nicky or James & Evelyn as far as Season 2 B-Storylines went.

21. 11 hours ago

Ep 8 is everything. The atomic bomb test scene with the Penderecki score was A++.

or Sign Up to reply!