BIKES bikebikebike - Riding, Selling, Questions etc.

1. ‹ Older
  2. 2 weeks ago

I almost bought patio furniture the other day, but I decided to get this instead.

-image-

3. @DustyClaws What size is the Pugz? I want a snow bike.

4. Medium all red

5. can you bring it to VT?

6. Medium is too small for me anyway

7. Yeah it's small af for me but still fun

8. 6 days ago

What is life like on the Greenway these days? I don't hear terrorizing stories anymore.

9. It's terrible if you want to ride fast.

Haha, but yeah, seems like there hasn't been any violence or muggings or anything in a while. It's always so busy!

10. "I remember when this path used to be cool."

11. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jul 20 Administrator

it's only the greenway if you get a rock thrown at yr dick

12. 5 days ago
    Edited 5 days ago by jenn

I got my category upgrade after winning the omnium last night, and now I'm going to go from winning all the time to getting my ass handed to me for the rest of the season. While that may be demotivating in some ways and make it hard to finish the season with as much gusto as I came into it, I was reminded that not being expected to win all the time can actually take a lot of pressure off and make racing even more fun. That, I'll have the rest of the season to work more on tactics and develop strategy instead of mashing ahead of the field. My teammates are the epitome of a valuable support network in reminding me of this, and I LOVE being on a team. There are a few folks that lone wolf the race season, and their fortitude to do it solo is admirable. I'm not sure I'd have the same stoke if it weren't for my team, and I feel lucky to be on a team that's a great fit for me.

13. @jenn I got my category upgrade after winning the omnium last night, and now I'm going to go from winning all the time to getting my ass handed to me for the rest of the season. While that may be demotivating in some ways and make it hard to finish the season with as much gusto as I came into it, I was reminded that not being expected to win all the time can actually take a lot of pressure off and make racing even more fun. That, I'll have the rest of the season to work more on tactics and develop strategy instead of mashing ahead of the field. My teammates are the epitome of a valuable support network in reminding me of this, and I LOVE being on a team. There are a few folks that lone wolf the race season, and their fortitude to do it solo is admirable. I'm not sure I'd have the same stoke if it weren't for my team, and I feel lucky to be on a team that's a great fit for me.

awesome and you will probably still be winning plenty. i had the most fun racing in the 3s.

14. 4 days ago

whoa, that's super rad, jenn. i don't know a lot about racing but have been meeting more and more people who do and i'm just blown away by how many amazing athletes are out there.

unrelated, i ended up signing up as a solo rider for the PH24 and am mildly freaking out about it. everyone says it's super fun, though, so i'm trying to relaxxx.

15. 3 days ago

@lobster cock whoa, that's super rad, jenn. i don't know a lot about racing but have been meeting more and more people who do and i'm just blown away by how many amazing athletes are out there.

unrelated, i ended up signing up as a solo rider for the PH24 and am mildly freaking out about it. everyone says it's super fun, though, so i'm trying to relaxxx.

Thanks! Also WHOA on the ph24 solo! That's some mental game I do not possess. You're gonna crush!

16. For the less hardcore among us, I'm thinking about doing this next April: http://www.cyclezydeco.org/ .

17. 2 days ago

pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jul 24 Administrator

and for the even LESS hardcore, i'll be smoking dabs and staring at a spinning bicycle wheel in my garage.

18. FO SALE:

2011 Surly Crosscheck, Size 50, New SRAM APEX Groupo
    $800 for board members and friends/fam.

I have a black, 2011 Surly Crosscheck collecting dust in my garage that I'd love for someone to ride. I just have too many bikes! This bike is much loved and taken care of and comes with a new SRAM APEX groupo with 170mm cranks and double tap shifting, Paul Mini Moto brakes in a super limited edition Amigo Orange color. Wheels and headset are stock, with Salsa Bell Lap handlebars and Shimano Deore hubs/wheels. I love this bike, and it has the usual wear and tear of 6 years of riding. I have been fastidious with regular maintenance but it's probably due for a bit of a tune-up just because it's been sitting for so long.

Saddle, pedals, and garmin accessories not included.

-image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

19. Purdy. Those PAUL brakes are so nice.

20. yesterday

@jenn
    I have a base and aero bar set up I used for pursuits I'm looking to pretty much give away to get rid of stuff lmk if you are interested.

21. 14 hours ago

@fildrummond @jenn
    I have a base and aero bar set up I used for pursuits I'm looking to pretty much give away to get rid of stuff lmk if you are interested.

I am! I could by this weekend and grab them. I didn't do much TT stuff this year, but I'd like to next year.

or Sign Up to reply!