June Watchening 2017

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 weeks ago

I might have to watch that tomorrow. Is it instant, or YouTube Red...or whatever?

3. I haven't seen Howard the Duck since channel 9 used to play it every weekend, but I liked it then. I had a major crush on Lea Thompson, and yeah, weird feelings abounded.

4. Also, Thor is unwatchable. I either turn it off because it's too painful or fall asleep.

At least the Halle Berry Catwoman has the excellent basketball scene.

5. @Bicorn Halfelven At least the Halle BerryLea Thompson CatwomanRed Dawn has the excellent basketballSoviet paratrooper assault scene.

6. 4 weeks ago

Is Altman's Popeye any good?

7. My answer is No, but I have a very low tolerance for Robin Williams.

8. No it is not.

But from what I understand the "village" set where they filmed it is a tourist attraction now.

9. Perfect Olive Oyl casting, though.

10. I'm really glad the board is back up because now I can tell everyone how awesome American Kickboxer 2 is.

Super awesome.

A Cali muscle karate dude bro and a cop who plays by his own rules have to put aside their differences to help save their newly discovered daughter (it's complicated), who was kidnapped out of her swimming pool by helicopter, by taking down the extortion/drug gang one fighting tournament at a time. There is no actual kickboxing at anytime, the closest it gets is a very short fight with escrima sticks. The dialogue had me howling. Good stuff.

11. @N1CKS Is Altman's Popeye any good?

The Harry Nilsson soundtrack is nice.

12. Edited 4 weeks ago by kbollox

I introduced my wife to the 1981 Flash Gordon movie, Queen soundtrack, so much cheese, so much of the color RED, and so very good at being very terrible. The Blu-ray transfer is quite good.

She loved it.

13. It's amazing how slow everything moves in that movie.

14. "Klytus, I'm bored. What plaything can you offer me today?"
    "An obscure body in the SK system. Its inhabitants refer to it as the planet (voice dripping with arch contempt) ...Earth."

Total masterpiece. It's like a movie for kids but if it had been directed by Tinto Brass.

15. Edited 4 weeks ago by kbollox

I had the soundtrack LP growing up, it includes a bunch of voice over segments from the movie - the one quoted above kicks off the album and Queen fades in with the title track... amazing.

16. Now you just have to follow it up with "Flesh Gordon."

17. Also a classic.

18. Joining the Wonder Woman train. Highly enjoyed it despite Ares's mustache and Pine playing Steve Trevor exactly like he plays Captain Kirk. Lil' Low loved it.

19. Watched Peter and the Farm and Famous Nathan last night. Both entertaining, Peter and the Farm kind of depressing, Famous Nathan's excessive Super 8 or whatever it was footage kind of annoying.

20. 3 weeks ago

@warsawpactarmor "Klytus, I'm bored. What plaything can you offer me today?"
    "An obscure body in the SK system. Its inhabitants refer to it as the planet (voice dripping with arch contempt) ...Earth."

Total masterpiece. It's like a movie for kids but if it had been directed by Tinto Brass.

Just rewatched this. I stand by my statement. And what villains. Outrageously-dressed pervy monsters played by seasoned pros picking up a check but also clearly having a grand old time.

-image-

-image-

21. I am watching the BBC miniseries Life which is pretty excellent. Narrated by David Attenborough. Very similar to Planet Earth. Surprisingly brutal though. The first episode features the barnacle goose, which as soon as chicks hatch they basically jump off of a cliff and hope to survive. After gratuitous footage of little baby gosling bodies getting smashed against the cliff face, its revealed that only 3 of the featured 5 survive.

or Sign Up to reply!