CHICAGO YEAH!

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 weeks ago

Hang out with Leighton of Meatmen, and Chapstik fame.

3. Be like Mike

4. @pitpat, Toby Ronnie start a post-rock band

This had me lolling

Hang out with Smashmouth

(not sure they're from Chicago, but, you know)

5. Take a selfie with Obama's birth certificate.

6. Oh man I never heard that DMB story. That is gold.

7. Museum of Surgical Science is pretty cool.

8. These are all good suggestions. Trip will kick ass.

@orbit Museum of Surgical Science is pretty cool.

I did stumble upon this in some list of weird things to do in Chicago. Looks interesting. Might just have to stop by. So you have been?

9. Grow a moustache.

10. Beat the shit out of some hippies in the street.

11. Redline some neighborhoods.

12. Cheeseburger, cheesburger. No coke. Pepdi.

13. U-505
    Apollo 8 Command Module

14. Take the Stevenson to the Kennedy, and AVOID THE EISENHOWER.

15. Nominate Humphrey.

16. zom

Jun 8 Doors Fans

Skip the bands that you've seen before and get drunk in some neighborhood bar and yell Cubs suck.

17. @sonicfreak I did stumble upon this in some list of weird things to do in Chicago. Looks interesting. Might just have to stop by. So you have been?

Yes. It's on Lake Shore Drive, pretty easy to find.

18. Film a batsman movie

19. 4 weeks ago

So yeah. It was great. I went to that surgery museum and I ate a spinach deep dish pizza at Geno's East and I saw Garland Jeffreys at the City Winery and I went to the Rolling Stones Exhibitionism exhibit and I went to the Museum of Contemporary Art and saw the Takashi Murakami exhibit, "The Octopus Eats Its Own Leg" and I saw Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds which was without a doubt the best show I've seen in 2017.

20. How was Exhibitionism? Thinking about making a trip down this summer to see it.

21. Edited 4 weeks ago by sonicfreak

@Slee ZZ How was Exhibitionism? Thinking about making a trip down this summer to see it.

It was pretty cool. I don't know if I would go JUST to see it. I spent a couple hours in there. There was a super cool replica of the first apartment they all lived in together with filthy dishes etc. rooms about instruments, costumes, studio work, album cover design, stage design, films, backstage area, a 3D video they give you the glasses to watch etc. If you are a Stones fan it's fun. Only kind of goofy thing is it is REALLY LOUD. There are a couple video things, one pretty cool multi-screen thing at the beginning and the 3D one but wherever you are in the exhibit you hear them loop over and over and over.... It is just there through July I think.

or Sign Up to reply!