Trump and Other Current Events of 2017

1. ‹ Older
  2. 2 days ago

BBC reporting stabbing attack in Turku, Finland. 2 dead, at least 6 others injured.

3. Looks like Bannon's out.

4. NYT: The president and senior White House officials were debating when and how to dismiss Mr. Bannon. The two administration officials cautioned that Mr. Trump is known to be averse to confrontation within his inner circle, and could decide to keep on Mr. Bannon for some time.

5. Trump a coward one-on-one? Well I never!

6. Saw two tweets from journalists, one saying Bannon said he resigned two weeks ago, the other indicating he was removed from the White House today.

Regardless of the competing narratives there, I don't doubt he will be residing in the same slightly removed orbit as Roger Stone, to the chagrin of everyone who wanted him gone in the WH.

7. @warsawpactarmor Unless Trump and Bannon really are Russian agents, their interests don't coincide.

Definitely, I'm more marveling at Bannon's ignorance of how his standing in Dugin-style geopolitics makes him out to be the pawn instead of some great instigator.

8. @orbit Trump a coward one-on-one? Well I never!

Word is that Kelly delivered the blow.

9. Kelly Anne?

10. delivered cocaine?

11. Bye bye bannon

12. He's resigning to spend more time with his cock.

13. @taco satori I guess this is CalExit 2.0, because the first go-round imploded when the Russian connections to its (possibly former) head came to light?

I can’t look at the blurb I saw on FB the other day, but I understand there was a paper co-authored by Dugin in 1997 that basically spelled out how to knock the US out of #1: fomenting ethnic conflict, encouraging isolationist politicians, etc

Bannon no doubt has a dogeared, heavily margin-scribbled copy

14. -image-

15. Bright ass-green hats.

16. First resignation from Trump's Evangelical Advisory Board.

We have a Republican President who can't maintain the support of business or Christians.

17. The entire Arts Committee walked, too. And hid an acrostic in their statement.

18. yesterday

Charlottesville Was A Preview of the Future of the Republican Party

This is the state of the GOP leadership pipeline. In a decade, state legislatures will start filling up with Gamergaters, MRAs, /pol/ posters, Anime Nazis, and Proud Boys. These are, as of now, the only people in their age cohort becoming more active in Republican politics in the Trump era. Everyone else is fleeing. This will be the legacy of Trumpism: It won’t be long before voters who reflexively check the box labeled “Republican” because their parents did, or because they think their property taxes are too high, or because Fox made them scared of terrorism, start electing Pepe racists to Congress.

19. @Finn McCool And hid an acrostic in their statement.

Do tell.

20. -image-

21. 18 hours ago

Nice.

or Sign Up to reply!