Grant Hart/Rank Strangers - Hook & Ladder July 1

1. 4 weeks ago
    Edited 4 weeks ago by sonicfreak

OK. A Grant Hart show at a small club you say. Nothing that different. Thing is that A LOT of people in the know in this town have been saying things like "Don't ask questions, just go to this show."
    There is SOMETHING going down. I'm not gonna speculate. Just putting it out there. I bought a ticket and shall be in attendance.
    -image-

2. What is Hook and Ladder?

3. Used to be Patrick's Cabaret on Lake/Minnehaha.

4. No spoilers, but yes, this will be a special show.

5. zom

Jun 30 Doors Fans

So what are you saying, that Bob and Greg are showing up too?

6. Solid Gold DJ set?

7. @zom So what are you saying, that Bob and Greg are showing up too?

I'm not saying anything cause I don't know anything. I did see on facebook that Greg is planning to attend. Have no idea if he will perform or not. Bob would be much less likely I would think but pigs sometimes fly so who knows? I'm just gonna go and have a good time whatever.

8. zom

Jun 30 Doors Fans

I'm not going to go and I will be having a good time like I always do.

9. @zom I'm not going to go and I will be having a good time like I always do.

Maybe you can shed some light on a matter. There is a big brick chimney on a garage in the alley on the block next to yours. What is up with that?

10. It'd be pretty sick if Grant Hart walks out onstage and goes Ladies and Gentlemen Malachi Constant!

11. @garyburrito Solid Gold DJ set?

too good!
    Hidden Chord reunion

12. -image-

13. 3 weeks ago

so what happened at this?

14. stuff

15. Edited 3 weeks ago by sonicfreak

Yeah. It was great fun. Arcwelder played and Porcupine with Greg Norton covering Grant penned Husker Du tracks like "What do I Want", What's Going On", "Standing by The Sea", "It's Not Funny" etc. All the bands covered Grant songs all night. They put a photo of me in that Current article.
    -image-

Soooo many old friends in the crowd. it was great to see a lot of folks.

16. zom

Jul 3 Doors Fans

@sonicfreak Maybe you can shed some light on a matter. There is a big brick chimney on a garage in the alley on the block next to yours. What is up with that?

I talked to Trehus on Saturday, he told me to go but I couldn't and didn't. I don't like RWR either and didn't know who else was playing, but I knew they were going to and that wasn't going to get me there.

I don't know about that chimbley, it looks like that garage used to be a metalwork shop or something.

or Sign Up to reply!