July Cool Guy Tune Time

1. 3 weeks ago

Current Listening:

Juana Molina - Halo
    SURVIVE - RR7349

Starting to put together mid-year favorites lists already. What's been good this year?

2. Edited 3 weeks ago by Bicorn Halfelven

On the jambox:

Da Brat
    South Central Cartel
    Naughty By Nature
    Psycho Realm
    Ill State Assassins
    E.C. Illa
    R.A. The Rugged Man

3. I put on the second Gravediggaz album yesterday and I like it a lot more now that I did when it first came out.

4. Miles Smiles

5. @jonbehm
    Starting to put together mid-year favorites lists already. What's been good this year?

Hate to say it, but I just realized that although I have heard a number of good new records this year, I haven't actually bought any. Just been listening online and such. I need to actually grab:
    Feral Ohms - Feral Ohms
    Gnod - Just Say No etc
    Oxbow - Thin Black Duke
    Temple Ov BBV

6. The two 2017 releases I did buy and enjoy:
    Swans - Deliquessence
    Saccharine Trust - The Great One Is Dead

But one is live (albeit with new material) and the other is a reissue, so they probably don't really count.
    Want to get the new Royal Trux thing too, which is more like a new recording of old material.

7. Oh shit! New Boogarins, how could I forget?
    Only had the chance to listen twice, both times in my car, but it's good. A lot more studio trickery this time out.

Okay, think that's it.

8. Did not realize there was a new Boogarins rec out - need to check that out asap

9. Edited 3 weeks ago by snip

need to sample some more of the half year quietus best so far round up .
    digging the new gnod and temple ov bbv. havent bought much else new besides uniform and moonlandingz, both of which i haven't really revisited much since i first got 'em...

10. Lots on that Quietest list I should check out. The Justin Water record is already on my list - it's very good

11. these cats for a lowly Saturday evening

12. 2 weeks ago

Lynn Castle thing that Light In The Attic just put out. Absolutely love it, it's incredible IMO. Just her and a guitar being recorded by Jack Nitzsche in 1968 LA. I first heard her on the Lee Hazlewood Industries comp that was also put out by Light In The Attic. That has a couple songs with her and a band that they also tossed onto the end of this one. "The Lady Barber," great song.

New Jay-Z sounded pretty good on one listen.

13. I'm surprised that Alice Coltrane's Ashram recordings didn't make that Quietus list but whatever, that's the item I've been running more than any other this year.

14. Saw Matthew sweet do an in-store yesterday. Twas nice. He's important to me.

15. Is he yer dad?

16. My household has been feeling particularly Fuck the Heteropatriarchy lately so it's been a lot of Perfume Genius/Blood Orange/The Knife/Fever Ray around here.

I also need new song ideas to pump out my car windows when I drive into work past mostly white male protesters, so it's not just Peaches/Grace Jones/Peaches/Grace Jones every day. Ideas? Preferably songs about dicks/cunts/butts and grinding/smashing/humping, with the proviso that it should all be sex posi and not racist/sexist. Tall order I know.

17. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jul 13 Administrator

ICE T "girls LGBNAF" is pretty sex positive.

18. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jul 13 Administrator

or just go straight satanism and blast DEICIDE

19. yesssssssssssssssssss

20. BIG FREEDIA

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!