July Cool Guy Tune Time

1. ‹ Older
  2. last week

pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jul 19 Administrator

most TRV KVLT metal dudes basically seem like Steve Bannon with a battle vest.

3. ^^^^^^

4. Edited last week by junea

But for real though I have to be honest and tell you one of the reasons I hate deafheaven so much definitely has to do with their San Francisco hipster pedigree. I hate Graphic Design Metal so much.

And it's not really an issue of being pure or true or whatever, I am definitely not and Orthodox type person about much of anything, but I mean come on you have to draw the line somewhere

5. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jul 19 Administrator

i still like their 1st album, but i don't consider them even vaguely metal and i think it's weird they're marketed like that.
    way more in common with screamy hardcore like Envy imho.
    never had a desire to listen to the 2nd album. they seem like hella lame humans from interviews i've read.
    meh. listen to what you like.
    except for papa john misty.

6. Haha

7. ahh i get what junea is saying they're just kinda rich kid san fran hipsters? i mean they did play bon iver's fest. i get that, i'd rather know nothing about my fav bands cause i bet most are kinda dingleberries.

also heard that papa john misty recorded a podcast for earwolf and they said it was so bad they couldn't even release it. that guy needs to eat some shampoo and get diarrhea

8. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jul 19 Administrator

@Arby_Headphones . i get that, i'd rather know nothing about my fav bands cause i bet most are kinda dingleberries.

totes feelin' this.

9. I can't believe you guys made it pass the name being DeafHEAVEN

10. Tbf I'd rather listen to alt-right ska music then metal so

11. dude you listen to John ColTRAIN. TOOT TOOT

12. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Jul 19 Administrator

meet virginia

13. Which CAN album are you?

14. Edited 7 days ago by snip

royal trux-platinum tips + ice cream - it's pretty funny guys (if you're prone to being amused by them)
    yaz-upstairs at eric's - oh why not
    black box-dreamland - @orbit scored a sealed copy for me. solid italio house, one big cheese ball sax dud slightly mars the experience.

15. 7 days ago

much summer listeningz

them - the story of them
    royal trux - singles & unreleased thing
    mazzy star - she hangs brightly
    frank zappa - only in it for the money
    jandek - chair beside a window
    red krayola - parable of the arable
    nancy sinatra & lee hazlewood
    syd barrett - opel
    the outsiders - cq
    outkast - stankonia & southernplayalistic

16. + much Mac Dre and Scarface

17. 6 days ago

@the Classical I can't believe you guys made it pass the name being DeafHEAVEN

Srsly

18. While I think it's a bad name, I don't think it's worse than Metallica.

19. It's worse then watching a Youtube video of a dog being kicked

20. new Lost Balloons which is one of the guys from Marked Men(not sure who, but either that Mark or Jeff dude) it's great! like ADULT Marked Men.

also listening to the Ramones. hey guys great tunes!

or Sign Up to reply!