Questions 3: The Search for Questions 2

1. ‹ Older
  2. 3 weeks ago

it's rendering factory floor sweepin's, m'boy.

3. @Roaratorio Why does wet cat food smell so foul to the human nose ? What ingredient makes it so vile, regardless of brand, or whether it's beef, chicken, fish, turkey, etc ?

speak for yourself. YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

4. zom

Aug 2 Doors Fans

Wait until you're an Old, like me.
    Not so bad on Ry-Krisp.

5. Goodies for the table with a fable on the label
    Drowning in miracle sauce.

6. last week

Anyone have experience w buckwheat pillows? I have been experiencing new neck and shoulder aches almost daily and im looking for solutions.

7. zom

Aug 11 Doors Fans

Read the Book

8. My sister has used one exclusively for like a decade.

I can't get past the sound.

Testimonials are very hit-or-miss.

9. Hey, let's talk about Star Wars some more. So, the "Your sad devotion to that ancient religion..." dude at the Death Star conference. You know who else had a sad devotion to that ancient religion? The fucking Emperor. So, this guy is indirectly mocking the mysterious and autocratic head of state to his two top aides. And that the Emperor and Darth Vader in fact had very real and terrifying supernatural powers can't have been unknown among the Imperial officer corps.

So, the question is: Was he expecting a self-deprecating chuckle from Darth Vader followed by a detailed policy proposal, rather than a force choke? (Kind of a mild and indulgent response from Vader, actually, who could have stuck him to the ceiling and then cut him in half with his lightsaber.)

10. There's a (possibly apocryphal) story about how, while his wife/editor Marcia was out of town working on Scorcese's New York New York, George went and edited out all references to the Force.

11. 6 days ago

-image-

12. haha

13. @warsawpactarmor Hey, let's talk about Star Wars some more. So, the "Your sad devotion to that ancient religion..." dude at the Death Star conference. You know who else had a sad devotion to that ancient religion? The fucking Emperor. So, this guy is indirectly mocking the mysterious and autocratic head of state to his two top aides. And that the Emperor and Darth Vader in fact had very real and terrifying supernatural powers can't have been unknown among the Imperial officer corps.

So, the question is: Was he expecting a self-deprecating chuckle from Darth Vader followed by a detailed policy proposal, rather than a force choke? (Kind of a mild and indulgent response from Vader, actually, who could have stuck him to the ceiling and then cut him in half with his lightsaber.)

I think most of even the high ranking generals/admirals don't really know, expect possibly in a vague way, that the Emperor is a Force user, Vader for sure, but even he is surrounded by mystery. As evidenced by that meeting I think Tarkin is essentially the mouth-piece for the Emperor and Tarkin doesn't have a high opinion of the Force/Jedi (see Clone Wars & Rebels) so he would likely keep it quiet. I don't think even most of the Imperial officers have even seen the Emperor.

But I think more to the point dudes just blew up a planet with their big gun and are feeling "I don't gotta take shit from this asthmatic drama queen no more"

14. I'm not friends with anyone I work with on social media, nor do I spend all day talking with people in the cube farm abt every single thing that crosses through my head but so my neighbors here do.

They talk & text and email each other all day even though they sit literally next to each other. Like I hear this about twenty five times a day "Hey did you get my text? I just sent it" I'm assuming I know they answer but is this normal behavior? And can I throw stuff over the cube wall at them?

15. "hey, did you get that stapler I just threw at you?"

16. There are at least two people in my workplace who can literally chat off and on for over an hour every day. They must not have any real friends.

17. 4 days ago

Where can I buy glasses to view the solar eclipse, locally?

18. I saw some at Walmart

19. 3 days ago

-image-

20. @stu Where can I buy glasses to view the solar eclipse, locally?

They're free at any Warby-Parker Eyeglassery. I believe I saw that there was one of those in the warehouse district.

21. zom

Aug 17 Doors Fans

It is said that viewing the eclipse directly may result in transcendence.

-image-

or Sign Up to reply!