August 2017 Listening

1. 2 weeks ago

2. Oxbow - Thin Black Duke

Xetas - The Tower (for fans of Fucked Up, Husker Du etc. Some would call it melodic hardcore)

Feral Ohms -self titled (guitar flipout, 9 songs in 26 minutes)

Here Lies Man (Antibalas spinoff - afrobeat rhythm with heavy guitar and distorto vocals and what sounds like organ. Conceived as "Black Sabbath meets Fela Kuti" - not quite that heavy, but it is a pretty cool, unique sound. If I had to quibble with anything, it's the lyrics, which usually consist of one line repeated over and over)

Trappist Afterland - God's Good Earth (I have listed this before, dark and fey acoustic music, similar to Stone Breath)

3. Been listening to that Here Lies Man record too. Pretty enjoyable stuff!

4. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Aug 7 Administrator

lotta Flying Burrito Bros

5. Just got a download of Dead Cross. Will listen shortly. The only Mike Patton thing I've considered listening to since the first Fantomas record.

6. Mike Patton is batting .1000 for making unlistenable music for ol Arby here

7. So you like 90% of his stuff?

8. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Aug 7 Administrator

arby has seven Mr Bungle tattoos iirc

9. I've recently interfaced with some of the Moonchild stuff PATTON/Joey Baron/Trevor Dunn sometimes Medeski all the songs are written & conducted by Zorn and it is...ok.

10. Lots of Cecil Taylor and Charlemagne Palestine over the wknd

11. maybe like Epic is pretty cool

12. The Impressions - Keep on Pushing. Never really paid that much attention to these guys - I don't know why. This record is fantastic though.

13. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Aug 8 Administrator

it's just rich little doing celebrity voices, no?

14. @pitpat, Toby Ronnie it's just rich little doing celebrity voices, no?

I think yr thinking of Politics and Popcorn

15. Curtis Mayfield's impression of Curtis Mayfield is spot on

16. Also been listening to the first two Raincoats albums and mostly concluding that I like the first one better. The second one seems like it should be right up my alley though

17. Burning-Silver A.D.
    hey is this band still doing anything? i'm really enjoying this!

18. last week

They play out pretty often. They played Icehouse a week ago with Hide.

19. Cooooooool to the max!

20. #stillprostatetome

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!