Keeping Warm in the Nuclear Winter: 2017 Singles Thread

1. ‹ Older
  2. 3 days ago

That's fucking LOVE, man. That's what it looks like.

3. NOOK! I don't even know what the Rocket place is.

4. @jenn That's fucking LOVE, man. That's what it looks like.

Aw shucks. Well as many of you know he's a pretty awesome dude, so it's not that hard to work through with him.

@Slee ZZ NOOK! I don't even know what the Rocket place is.

Yeah, I had to look it up. Bottle Rocket? On St. Clair? Used to be something else, and then something else before that? Yeah I dunno, all I know is I wants someplace with meat, and I have to be back to lead a Communications meeting by 1.

5. Well, then, full congrats to stuffed and zom both on their next nuptial steps. And may the entire board be slaked in safe and consensual quim and jizz for all apocalyptic eternity.

Except for Nazis.

6. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Aug 17 Administrator
    Edited 3 days ago by pitpat, Toby Ronnie

i'll be making boner pills out of ground nazi bones in our compound.
    2 birds, 1 stone(d)

7. The Rocket place is just down the street from where I work. Good food

8. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Aug 17 Administrator

is it where Acme Deli used to be?
    anyone remember that place?

9. @jonbehm da butt wants what da butt wants

10. @kbollox

Sure does.

@jonbehm The Rocket place is just down the street from where I work. Good food

It was good! Super empty at lunch though. I had fish tacos. Portions are ridiculously large. Now my burps smell.

@pitpat, Toby Ronnie is it where Acme Deli used to be?
    anyone remember that place?

Is Acme gone now? They were over south of Snelling on St. Clair. VERY GOOD SANDOS. I think Bottle Rocket is in the old Heartland space?

11. Man I used to eat so many white bread white turkey white cheese white mayo lettuce sandwiches from Acme b/c I was so very Thai Food Is Too Spicy in college.

12. pitpat, Toby Ronnie

Aug 17 Administrator

it might still be there! i just haven't been down that way in ages.
    i loved going there in college but the weird 'build yr sammie' menu cards confounded my thc-addled mindgrapes.

13. I don't know how they pulled it off, between the thc-addled customers being served sandwiches by thc-addled staff off an incredibly complicated menu. At least that's the vibe I got.

Or perhaps that was the magic that made it all work.

I do remember that the last time I went to the Broiler across Snelling with my parents, the waitress spilled something on my dad, and the dishwasher walked by, motioned to my dad's steak knife, and muttered "If I were you I'd stab her with it."

It's a really lovely neighborhood.

14. @stuffedpheasant Man I used to eat so many white bread white turkey white cheese white mayo lettuce sandwiches from Acme b/c I was so very Thai Food Is Too Spicy in college.

lulz that is me, too, except replace "from Acme" with "at home". Funny how much your tastebuds evolve, now I can't enough of dat ethnic shit.

15. I had to go to the Thai place on Selby with my (contra)bass instructor and her other two students (one of whom was cool Amanda from that cool Triangle band/MNDR, seriously, she was so cool) - and I saw that all the food had CILANTRO in and around it and looked SPICY so I was like "Um, I'm not hungry. I'll just have the......... the Thai Lemonade" but - what? - the Thai Lemonade was SPICY TOO!

Having to eat mock duck with chopsticks a week later at someone's house while practicing our super refined method acting skills on some Sam Shepard scene or whatever really put me out of my podunk comfort zone.

White girl life is so hard.

16. Until you learn how to order the no spice Chicken Pad Thai. Then you can really feel your legs stretching.

17. I was an ok bass player. A terrible actor. But now I can order level three spicy, unless the server gives me a look then I downgrade to one.

18. Edited 3 days ago by jenn

There's a ziplock bag full of cooked, cold hamburgers with once melted and now cold, gelatinous yellow cheese on them in the refrigerator at work left over from a work event, and I've just been eating them like chips. Bachelor for lyfe.

19. Or, I might actually be three raccoons in a trench coat, I don't know, the jury's still out.

20. Married to meat

21. 19 hours ago

My kid and I just sent his dad on his way to The Cities for his date. I'm showing him America's Funniest Home Videos for the first time, and one of the first videos was of a cat with its nose shoved good and deep up another cat's ass. A good sign? I sure hope so.

Everything is weird.

or Sign Up to reply!