are you a fan of Bedhead/The New Year/Kadane brothers?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 years ago

i was out of town and had to miss the show, which was a bummer but i kinda figured, those bands are kind of associated i guess

3. kinda wish I hadn't sold off all my bedhead/the new year stuff

4. @magma90210 i was out of town and had to miss the show, which was a bummer but i kinda figured, those bands are kind of associated i guess

of course! matt kadane played in silkworm for the chicago years.
    the openers, wereworm, were really great too.

hi, other people!

impatiently awaiting more news about the album that the new year began tracking with albini last year. the overseas record is okay, and will johnson is awesome, but...

5. @fruit&flowers kinda wish I hadn't sold off all my bedhead/the new year stuff

You did WHAT.

6. Anyway, I'm a really big fan of the Kadanes.

7. awesome!

anyone know if pillspecters ' band ever came together?

8. I did : (
    needed the ca$h & at the time those were fetching decent prices

9. I would murder for a vinyl copy of 'transaction de novo'

10. pitpat, are you saying that you would murder the owner or that you would do murderous bidding in exchange for transfer of ownership? need to know.

11. You know there's a NM- copy on discogs right now for $40, pitpat? I've got someone for you to kill, but you've still gotta pay shipping.

12. I would also like to add the provision that the murder should occur right as the guitar comes in on "Psychosomatica".

13. Rae you can help me kill

14. Well I still like the Kadanes and everything but I sort of gave up on the whole slowcore thing circa 2010-2011. We jammed quite a bit with the former bassist of Galaxy Drive but we couldn't find a drummer and the whole songwriting thing kind of wasn't happening anyway

Here is a recording we did that turned out ok: notnamed.bandcamp.com

Me: drums, guitar & vocals
    My bro: guitar & bass guitar

15. Anyway post your favorite Bedhead songs itt

More Than Ever
    Extramundane

16. whoa, that's awesome.
    if you or anybody ever wants to try again, let me know! I never stopped writing shores stuff, and have a ton of songs and ideas with no outlet. we tracked eight releases in three years, and I miss it. a lot.

17. Rae, show me how the gods kill

18. with the golden arms

19. Edited 3 years ago by pillspecters

Yeah I don't think I do, I have been doing my own thing since 2011 and I have a lot of conflicting ideas about anything resembling rock music so it would be a bad idea to put me in a room with people who want to do something like that. I'll send you my brother's email but I honestly have no idea if he will be interested

The drummer from Hockey Night/Strong Bones (pigs eye ) also expressed interest in this kind of thing to me at one point, but that was like 4 years ago, shortly after I started this thread

20. Fuck that no one here is as big a fan as moi. Also the correct answer is Rest of The Day.

21. 5 weeks ago

Not sure if this thread still works but so the New Year have a new album out and it is great.

or Sign Up to reply!